Yet another kick in the teeth

Like DIDO l think Vulcan works  fine. Thanks to the percieved wisdom spread by doomsayers the first time l used it l  prepared for a 20/80 type reaction .  Occasionally  wasps from a ground nest seem to "fluff up" in a cloud but they just seem dazed and confused.   

I think we were lucky to have Ficam D as long as we have and not just because bendicarb has become a bit infra-dig .

If it hadn't  been for the Danish mink industry it probably would've lost its approval a few years ago . 

With that market gone thanks to Covid it was only a matter of time before the expensive approval process became unviable.  

Blooming annoying though .?

Edited by comanche
48 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Vulcan through an old style dust stick.

I'd pay good money for an old duster canister as the new ones are a joke 

I always thought the Dust Stik was such a lovely  simple concept  that should've  been worked -up a bit better.  What iriot thought a heavy die-cast dust pot waving about on fifteen bendy feet of badly sealed poles was a great design?

But with a bit of thought .......

• Like 1

Vulcan is ok like most say but it does block up a little. We changed over systems to try and combat the blocking now all we use is a PS Powder Applicator which is basically a powder pot at the top of the poles so has no poles to block up the poles are used simply to carry the air. 

WWW.1ENV.COM

PA2 Wasp Nest Powder Applicator is a practical and easy to use powder applicator. Reduced preparation time, no pumping required, saving you time on every wasp nest...

Can be bought a various other outlets and I dont work for 1ENV

2 hours ago, Dirksdonuts said:

Vulcan is ok like most say but it does block up a little. We changed over systems to try and combat the blocking now all we use is a PS Powder Applicator which is basically a powder pot at the top of the poles so has no poles to block up the poles are used simply to carry the air. 

WWW.1ENV.COM

PA2 Wasp Nest Powder Applicator is a practical and easy to use powder applicator. Reduced preparation time, no pumping required, saving you time on every wasp nest...

Can be bought a various other outlets and I dont work for 1ENV

How many nests from a canister. 

I don't like constantly refilling on the job.

3 hours ago, myersbg said:

I have never used the purpose made dusters, never liked the look of them, a couple of short poles a DR5 and ladders if necessary have all ways sorted the nests for me, but 30 yrs in the  building industry [roofing] helps

I do 99% with telescopic ladder, dr5 and 2 poles 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, myersbg said:

I have never used the purpose made dusters, never liked the look of them, a couple of short poles a DR5 and ladders if necessary have all ways sorted the nests for me, but 30 yrs in the  building industry [roofing] helps

We dont carry ladders. 5 poles and a PA2 and as a company we do anywhere from 800-1200 nests a year most nests only need one pole. Ladders are a pain and as you know can be dangerous