What Happens At Yours On Christmas Day

its going to be just  and my wife, see my son and his wife and 2 grand kids next week . will take dogs out in morning hope i dont bump into many dog walkers, my dogs are ok, hope there fookin dogs are ?  get back home feed little woody   something, Buck fed at night. i might pop down local pub for a 1 pint lager , drive back, my dinner should be ready about 2 pm , have that then i prob fall a sleep in my chair watching the telly  as like normal lol , i like it when its nice and quite, be different next week when my son comes over for couple days.!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will be a happy and sad day. Will start with putting In beef low and slow then cup of tea Wifey and me opening presents bit later a bacon door step Lol. Midmorning my lad and his wife will visit ope

There are quite a lot of single lonely people living on the boats and on new year I will do a massive beef joint in the slow cooker loads of bread rolls get a fire pit going on the grass and invite th

This is a follow up to the above post. Well forgot to photo the whole meal was a bit stressed cooking. I ordered a three Rib of Aberdeen Angus Beef from the local butcher. When I picked it up I t

Posted Images

On 22/12/2022 at 13:59, Qbgrey said:

This years slightly different, wake up go down to the fruit bar get a mango smoothie, or a singha, on beach for a swim , snorkelling, then a lobster , pennang curry, pineapple rice,grilled pork , garlic prawns, more beer, look at all the birds on the beach which are very nice I must add. Then we’re off deep sea fishing for sail fish. Return to eat more food with live band.

Mines pretty similar , amazing whet you can do in Carlisle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m flat out over Xmas working in the emergency social work team… however for the first time in years I’ve got Xmas day off. 

Home with the Mrs, will take the dogs up the common early morning to give them a good run out, might chase a hare like they did last year :D, … I shouldn’t laugh they’re bloody spaniels… then back home to cook a goose and all the veg. 

One of our mates was due to go back to Ireland but her plans collapsed last minute so we’re dragging her over to our house as we won’t have her spend Xmas home alone. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’m flat out over Xmas working in the emergency social work team… however for the first time in years I’ve got Xmas day off. 

Home with the Mrs, will take the dogs up the common early morning to give them a good run out, might chase a hare like they did last year :D, … I shouldn’t laugh they’re bloody spaniels… then back home to cook a goose and all the veg. 

One of our mates was due to go back to Ireland but her plans collapsed last minute so we’re dragging her over to our house as we won’t have her spend Xmas home alone. 

nice that.!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

We're having goose again this year.

Last one we had was 5 years ago.  At the time, our now 15 year old lad was 10.  I put the goose in the oven to slow 'ish' cook for a few hours, at 9 pm.

The mrs went to bed early, 9.30 ish, so I think 'I'll have a couple of festive glasses of red wine".

Son gets up to go to the toilet about 10.30, and sees me with a glass of wine, watching tv.

After a while I go check see how the goose is coming along, only to find the oven turned off, and the goose cold and very uncooked!!

Puzzled, I sort it out and put the goose back on to cook, adding a couple of extra hours to my Xmas schedule.

On Xmas morning the first question was, howcome the oven was off last night, I put the goose in at 9?

My son seen me drinking a glass of wine, and the sensible little c**t turned the oven off, in case I fell asleep and the house burnt down!!

Bless him, f***ing nerk!!

Two glasses of red wine!! 

?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

There are quite a lot of single lonely people living on the boats and on new year I will do a massive beef joint in the slow cooker loads of bread rolls get a fire pit going on the grass and invite them all out, did the same last year had 17 people out some will bring pots of roasters some alcohol and some nothing but everyone had a great night with the maddest mix of people I’ve ever seen from hells angels to drag artists and everything in between, ??

What a great thing to do mate and build a good circle of friend in that community. Really handy if help is ever needed with boats.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Greyman said:

There are quite a lot of single lonely people living on the boats and on new year I will do a massive beef joint in the slow cooker loads of bread rolls get a fire pit going on the grass and invite them all out, did the same last year had 17 people out some will bring pots of roasters some alcohol and some nothing but everyone had a great night with the maddest mix of people I’ve ever seen from hells angels to drag artists and everything in between, ??

That’s the spirit mate , sounds like you got a good bunch of people thier. Simple grub, fire on , beers , what more do you need. Fukin fantastic

Just wife and kids every year, I cook and get merry wife "helps" and plays with presents , kids are football and Minecraft mad so out of my remit, wanted to do something for someone but haven't , so registered on a blood marrow donation thing last night to appease the guilt of my gluttony. Just a nice day , family and cold cuts tomorrow, best day for me , friends over new year....then back to the grind ? ?

• Like 1