View from your swim part 2

24 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Or a loaded zoomer sliding float?

On the lake I fish the silvers were around 1.8m deep in over 4m of water. If the southerly wind pushes warmer water to the north shore they will or should be wherever the depth coincides with around 1.8 metre or a bit shallower if the conditions remain constant. 

The problem with a slider setup is the distance you need to cast to reach the shoal, They can be a nightmare for tangles in windy conditions even if you stop it in flight to straighten then line out. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Always book a trip out on a boat ,fishing when we go away,fished Greek islands,Turkey,Spain and Canaries,good fishing the one yr around Santorini, catch and cook on the boat out all day?

Every time we go abroad I keep talking about it but never actually get round to it my mate gets sea sick just looking at a boat.

Another lad I know been Mexico few times and payed to go out game fishing,sail fin or sword fish whatever they called, he's done shit load money on it and always blanked lol.

My old man had boat down at Dungeness when I was a kid we had some red letter days on the cod but sadly them days are finished,you can still get few mackerel off the beach  if you time it right but I'm bang into the carp fishing now days ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Brilliant pics there they almost become yer we mate, my fav bird

They soon learn and start following you around the lake,very trusting towards the fisherman for an easy meal iv had them sitting in the bivvy eating out the bait bucket many times ?

Screenshot_20220427_145506_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1951814584035507.jpg

Edited by Jackknife
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Jackknife said:

They soon learn and start following you around the lake,very trusting towards the fisherman for an easy meal iv had them sitting in the bivvy eating out the bait bucket many times ?

Screenshot_20220427_145506_com.android.gallery3d_edit_1951814584035507.jpg

They are class we birds and sometimes when the fishing is slow they brighten up the day