The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

there a laid back dog i think easy to get on with preydrive isn’t through the roof goid knock about dog mate 

Yep, they are, as a rule, pretty laid back.  But in years gone by, I could've shown you a few deer/greys that were very prey driven on the day or night, but were still laid back before we ventured out.  ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Yep, they are, as a rule, pretty laid back.  But in years gone by, I could've shown you a few deer/greys that were very prey driven on the day or night, but were still laid back before we ventured out.  ?

i was meaning more there not that bad the only time you can let em off is if your slipping or in dark and even in the dark they will f**k off and bring shit back just from the nose or a bit a moon light 

you can let em off on walks and not have to worry unless they see something 

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i was meaning more there not that bad the only time you can let em off is if your slipping or in dark and even in the dark they will f**k off and bring shit back just from the nose or a bit a moon light 

you can let em off on walks and not have to worry unless they see something 

Hmm ?

Yep, OK lol ?

Anyway, these days give me a WHIPPET every time!!  ??

Edited by shaaark

Maybe it's down to training, but the deer crosses I've had and have were very biddable, but had prey drive at least as good as any other type I've owned.

They are like whippets and greyhounds in the kennel......quiet and well behaved.

They are running dogs, so will never be as obedient as some HPR types, or as excitable as some Terrier types.

So, easy to live with, take most stuff without any drama, and best of all, a joy to see at full stretch behind a daytime hare, fox or deer ?

Ive had most pures and crosses, and the deer grey just another type to me....but I like them ?

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Maybe it's down to training, but the deer crosses I've had and have were very biddable, but had prey drive at least as good as any other type I've owned.

They are like whippets and greyhounds in the kennel......quiet and well behaved.

They are running dogs, so will never be as obedient as some HPR types, or as excitable as some Terrier types.

So, easy to live with, take most stuff without any drama, and best of all, a joy to see at full stretch behind a daytime hare, fox or deer ?

Ive had most pures and crosses, and the deer grey just another type to me....but I like them ?

Cheers.

Very good post, charts ?

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

the preydrive is no we’re near other types chart you don’t hunt a deerhound x for  a few week it is just the same other types won’t stop hunting up until something is dead 

it doesn’t have out to do with training some types are just wired up with that strong preydrive mate 

• Like 1