The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

That is a corker of a specimen. Beaut!

You need to ask this gentleman if he would allow his dog out to stud CP. You can pay me back that pup you owe me then.

I've never bred a litter in 57 years of owning running dogs, used one or two of my dogs as stud, but if I ever did breed, you'd be welcome to one F.O.C ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

seen this cross go years ago mate of mine had  a bitch 28 to the shoulder could put a proper shift in day and nite and this lad worked his dogs hard  then years down the line another mate had 1 a dog 30 inch to the  shoulder also very good dog  i have only ever seen these 2  deerhound greyhound cross both take anythink  i rated them       

On 22/12/2022 at 16:55, chartpolski said:

Like you, I'm old enough to remember before the saluki type arrived ! ??

Up here the deer cross was the " go too" type for daytime hare and roe.

Billy Docherty had great results with pure and cross Deerhounds, and I remember some of the Ashington match dogs, Thor and the Widdrington Train spring to mind. Heavily deerhound blooded dogs, and there was a lad from around Durham ran the same types in matches around Drax.

Even our old pal Tomo had some success with a whippet/grey x deer/grey.

But according to some, these deer types have no prey drive, are big lumbering curs........maybe the quarry wasn't as fast back then, or maybe we were easily pleased back then ? ? Or perhaps the people who don't rate them haven't really seen a good 'un run ? ??

Cheers.

One of kenny halls best dogs Lucas was deerhound blooded he was on about it when he got pic sent of a bitch my pal bought in couple week back

IMG-20230105-WA0010.jpg

• Like 4