The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The odd litter of terrier pups I bred I did give to people who would do something with them. I sold one to a pet home and they returned it as it was too much to handle. I didn't make a DVD telling people how fantastic a dogman I was, lol.

Well u should of done by crikey

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Deerhound crosses with no prey drive ? Every one I have ran has done everything day or night, can see me going back to deer crosses after this bull hound goes

I originally put my name down for a deerhound X bull grey pup...missed out and ended up with a bitch out of a half X bull grey to a Wheaton/greyhound,I plan to use a deerhound X over her and breed myself what I wanted at the start...my bitch got the heart but lacks in the speed department,so deerhound would lighten the pups up a bit imo?DSC_0936.JPG.2abff51c1bdfd6d52bdab0de57faabe7.JPG

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I originally put my name down for a deerhound X bull grey pup...missed out and ended up with a bitch out of a half X bull grey to a Wheaton/greyhound,I plan to use a deerhound X over her and breed myself what I wanted at the start...my bitch got the heart but lacks in the speed department,so deerhound would lighten the pups up a bit imo?DSC_0936.JPG.2abff51c1bdfd6d52bdab0de57faabe7.JPG

I was thinking the same ,I got a F1 bedy grey that's turned out a honest type but the deerhound X would put a bit stanima and hight into the mix .

I'm in 2 minds to take a litter but this is way I'll go if I do .

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Hurry up and get it fckn done ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I was thinking the same ,I got a F1 bedy grey that's turned out a honest type but the deerhound X would put a bit stanima and hight into the mix .

I'm in 2 minds to take a litter but this is way I'll go if I do .

Put a bull grey to that and watch the results , love that type imho 

• Like 3

I don't think anybody would argue that the deerhound/ greyhound is the best performing lurcher. If you want big bags of rabbits or a daytime hare dog or a vermin dog then look elsewhere. But if you wanted something pre ban for larger edibles, was a laid back companion, easy in kennel or house and with other dogs and is stunning to look at,then a deer grey is just the ticket. Plus, they are very good for your blood pressure! A not unimportant factor when you are my age. I don't want to be fighting with a difficult dog. I want one that's in tune with me. I've heard folk complain about x and y with deerhound crosses, but all have said their temperament was second to none. Be nice if you could bring the size down to 23/24 inches but keep everything else. They would be able to turn faster and make less obtrusive house dogs.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I don't think anybody would argue that the deerhound/ greyhound is the best performing lurcher. If you want big bags of rabbits or a daytime hare dog or a vermin dog then look elsewhere. But if you wanted something pre ban for larger edibles, was a laid back companion, easy in kennel or house and with other dogs and is stunning to look at,then a deer grey is just the ticket. Plus, they are very good for your blood pressure! A not unimportant factor when you are my age. I don't want to be fighting with a difficult dog. I want one that's in tune with me. I've heard folk complain about x and y with deerhound crosses, but all have said their temperament was second to none. Be nice if you could bring the size down to 23/24 inches but keep everything else.

Go for a deerhound/ greyhound x whippet then mate,23-25 inch and speed with it

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yes didn't you breed a litter? 

I did mate and 1 of the best things I had done,just for that reason you want.Gameness was still there and had her 1st roe at 11 mths old.Just brought her up and let her do her own thing with it’s mother when out mooching.Real stunning looking thing to the pic I have put up on here was her sister who done good to at her work.She was a stunning looking bitch to and same chilled out attitude as they all have.

• Like 4
Just now, lurchers said:

I did mate and 1 of the best things I had done,just for that reason you want.Gameness was still there and had her 1st roe at 11 mths old.Just brought her up and let her do her own thing with it’s mother when out mooching.Real stunning looking thing to the pic I have put up on here was her sister who done good to at her work.She was a stunning looking bitch to and same chilled out attitude as they all have.

Will,you be breeding again?

Just now, jukel123 said:

Will,you be breeding again?

I’ve got no more lurchers in mate but I know a lad who does,last time I put the litter he bred on here the keyboard warriors were slagging him off for been a peddler.He rings me all the time and swears by the cross now because of me.I had the chance of a pup off him but I’m back at my parents now because of a stupid bitch mate but shit happens.

• Like 1