The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

Just now, mC HULL said:

the preydrive is no we’re near other types chart you don’t hunt a deerhound x for  a few week it is just the same other types won’t stop hunting up until something is dead 

it doesn’t have out to do with training some types are just wired up with that strong preydrive mate 

I can only speak from personal experience ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the preydrive is no we’re near other types chart you don’t hunt a deerhound x for  a few week it is just the same other types won’t stop hunting up until something is dead 

it doesn’t have out to do with training some types are just wired up with that strong preydrive mate 

Prey drive ffs I was once on my way to a poetry reading ,I'd thought I'd better attend as I'd bin making abit of money off these people translating ancient manuscripts from b*****d Latin, anyhoo as I walked there accompanied by my deerhound dog garm he seen a cat and dragged me over the road the cat went under a parked car followed by the dog what had turned sideuds and shot under the car with such force that it cobbed me thru the open side window and landed on an unfortunate courting couple 

Summat like that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Prey drive ffs I was once on my way to a poetry reading ,I'd thought I'd better attend as I'd bin making abit of money off these people translating ancient manuscripts from b*****d Latin, anyhoo as I walked there accompanied by my deerhound dog garm he seen a cat and dragged me over the road the cat went under a parked car followed by the dog what had turned sideuds and shot under the car with such force that it cobbed me thru the open side window and landed on an unfortunate courting couple 

Summat like that

Was this before or after Garm destroyed the enormous cushion neither of which the cover or the filling could be found?

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

what quarry you have most about you mate bunny’s 

When I used to 'scour' the countryside years ago, Gooey, it'd be deer first, then hares.

Rabbits have never really interested me.

Sorry, Gooey, I sort of misread your post.

No, never have been many rabbits, or anything really, apart from loads of foxes, around the areas I lived.

Hence the scouring and travelling around.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, jeemes said:

Dedicated to breeding pups for sale and making videos maybe. Dedicated to working dogs I dont think so. Its all bull shit mate.

The man is trying to do a good thing for the type he keeps ,I've not heard anyone who keeps his type say a bad word about the dogs or Dave .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

The man is trying to do a good thing for the type he keeps ,I've not heard anyone who keeps his type say a bad word about the dogs or Dave .

But making vids about his dogs and his name does equal advertising and puppy peddling. He might be the nicest bloke and have good dogs but it comes across like that to me.

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

But making vids about his dogs and his name does equal advertising and puppy peddling. He might be the nicest bloke and have good dogs but it comes across like that to me.

That's the point he wants to bring the deerhound X into the light by his films and let folk see what his hard work as produced and if he can earn few quid then why not ,don't tell me you'd give pups away and send dvd etc for free as you telling fibs my ozzy friend ,

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Fill your boots, and good luck. I have had them btw....nice pet, no more

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

That's the point he wants to bring the deerhound X into the light by his films and let folk see what his hard work as produced and if he can earn few quid then why not ,don't tell me you'd give pups away and send dvd etc for free as you telling fibs my ozzy friend ,

The odd litter of terrier pups I bred I did give to people who would do something with them. I sold one to a pet home and they returned it as it was too much to handle. I didn't make a DVD telling people how fantastic a dogman I was, lol.