The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

Anybody know what he  currently charges for a pup? I've been following pup prices on the internet and they have come down big-time since the pandemic prices. The problem is most of the pups are from pet blood rather than proven working blood.

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I like the look of his stamp of dog. I might get one, it will be  my last, so I like the idea of a laid back hairy hound to finish up with. If it turns out to be a dud, it doesn't really matter to me at my age.  I think he is stretching it about the bloodlines. He might well have top greyhound blood, it's easy to get hold of a failed greyhound bitch with a fantastic bloodline. But its  more difficult to get hold of top working deerhound blood and it would cost you.

All in all he seems a decent bloke who produces some eye candy dogs with a very sound temperament. Some folk swear by them so he must be doing something right.

The two i saw with him were well behaved and chilled out i am same as you mate and have been thinking the same when this old lurcher of mine passes i think it's the size that brings me back to earth with a bump after dreaming of owning one and will no doubt go down the whippet route but the wife is adamant our next dog is going to be a spaniel so who knows. lol

13 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The two i saw with him were well behaved and chilled out i am same as you mate and have been thinking the same when this old lurcher of mine passes i think it's the size that brings me back to earth with a bump after dreaming of owning one and will no doubt go down the whippet route but the wife is adamant our next dog is going to be a spaniel so who knows. lol

That's spooky. My Mrs fancies a spaniel too. I'm not sure if a spaniel temperament would  suit us though. Yo can't tire them out , they are demanding. Good fun though. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

That's spooky. My Mrs fancies a spaniel too. I'm not sure if a spaniel temperament would  suit us though. Yo can't tire them out , they are demanding. Good fun though. 

I had them for years and bred a small strain of springers and they need the exercise and imho are not the best of house dogs i found but she is adamant i am not having a whippet we will see.lol

6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I had them for years and bred a small strain of springers and they need the exercise and imho are not the best of house dogs i found but she is adamant i am not having a whippet we will see.lol

Show her who's the boss ? llf ? ? 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Show her who's the boss ? llf ? ? 

I know mate but being married for over 40 year's and the number of dog's i have had without her say so might be the time fore a quite life and have her way it could be a lot worse if she wanted one of the shitzu thing's.

• Haha 1

In my younger days I would buy pups when I felt like it. I gave up,drinking and smoking and never bothered with other women,my only vice has been dogs. The power balance has changed. I get f***ing grilled every time I leave the house. Where you going? How long will you be? Have you got yours specs? Phone?  Change your trousers you look scruffy.zzzzzzz

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I have to somewhat disagree, all my family had springers for years and 90% of them have been house dogs, now all have cockers, my current cocker is now 7 and has been the easiest house dog I've known. I agree they need the exercise but don't all dogs? My cocker will happily go hunt for 4 miles or stroll around for 4 minutes, when she's home she's more than content to sit on the sofa and chill out. She's never been 1 for bouncing off the walls or running around the house 100mph, maybe we got lucky, but I'd have another spaniel in a heartbeat, perfect dogs for long walks and sitting at home with your feet up, IMHO. I plan to retire 1 day in the future with an army of spaniels and a couple of lurchers. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

In my younger days I would buy pups when I felt like it. I gave up,drinking and smoking and never bothered with other women,my only vice has been dogs. The power balance has changed. I get f***ing grilled every time I leave the house. Where you going? How long will you be? Have you got yours specs? Phone?  Change your trousers you look scruffy.zzzzzzz

Dunt tell her where your going Just tell her when you get back she's getting a right seeing 2 sher be quiet then for a while 

You can make excuses later ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, scottpenn28 said:

I have to somewhat disagree, all my family had springers for years and 90% of them have been house dogs, now all have cockers, my current cocker is now 7 and has been the easiest house dog I've known. I agree they need the exercise but don't all dogs? My cocker will happily go hunt for 4 miles or stroll around for 4 minutes, when she's home she's more than content to sit on the sofa and chill out. She's never been 1 for bouncing off the walls or running around the house 100mph, maybe we got lucky, but I'd have another spaniel in a heartbeat, perfect dogs for long walks and sitting at home with your feet up, IMHO. I plan to retire 1 day in the future with an army of spaniels and a couple of lurchers. 

I have had a couple of springers as house dog's and regularly have my daughters springer bitch when she goes away all have been good house dogs and switch off in the house i suppose i was comparing them to a couple of lurchers i have had has house dogs who would happily lounge about hardly moving after exercise that made them a bit easier.

20180830_092550.jpg

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I have had a couple of springers as house dog's and regularly have my daughters springer bitch when she goes away all have been good house dogs and switch off in the house i suppose i was comparing them to a couple of lurchers i have had has house dogs who would happily lounge about hardly moving after exercise that made them a bit easier.

20180830_092550.jpg

I've got lurcher and springer in house and tbh both absolutely love lounging around, but both will also put miles in when needed without slowing down. We did 4.5 miles yesterday morning and the cocker was hardly out of the bushes and the lurcher was following intently. Both came home and crashed for rest of the day. Agreed though that the lurcher is definitely lazier in the house, lurcher was much more difficult the house train though! 

20211209_113858.jpg

20220211_204944.jpg

• Like 3