The Living Legend

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dave charges £500 for a pup, just got one from him a few months ago, had 3 from him over the years,still got the old 7th generation dog coming up to 11yrs now, ran him on allsorts of terrain, never ev

I like Deerhounds and deer/greys; Cheers.  

Non-ped whippet/Greyhound x Deerhound; Cheers.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't know anything about him but the bloke is obviously proud of his dogs as we should be but it's a shame when ego gets in the way. We have a few of these blokes in Oz and while they are knowledgeable dog people they ruin it by being wankers about it.

What he's doing for the deerhound lurcher can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Dave believes he's reproduced the English deerhound and he's put a lot into his line so of course he's proud wouldn't you be ? 

I wouldn't say he's got big ego just passion for deerhound X 

• Like 10
49 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

What he's doing for the deerhound lurcher can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Dave believes he's reproduced the English deerhound and he's put a lot into his line so of course he's proud wouldn't you be ? 

I wouldn't say he's got big ego just passion for deerhound X 

As I say I don't know the guy and they'd be a useful lurcher, I'm proud of the dogs I didn't breed so yeah. It's not like it's an unusual cross though, the Oz stags were bred 250 years ago that way and still are if you can find pure lines. So good on him he's producing a good hunter if he gets it right but it's hardly anything already tried and tested and not sure it should be stamped with his name.

13 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

As I say I don't know the guy and they'd be a useful lurcher, I'm proud of the dogs I didn't breed so yeah. It's not like it's an unusual cross though, the Oz stags were bred 250 years ago that way and still are if you can find pure lines. So good on him he's producing a good hunter if he gets it right but it's hardly anything already tried and tested and not sure it should be stamped with his name.

It's the same as calling the acd the acd ,them dogs were about in Stoke on trent for years before the got over there 

Fact

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I like the look of his stamp of dog. I might get one, it will be  my last, so I like the idea of a laid back hairy hound to finish up with. If it turns out to be a dud, it doesn't really matter to me at my age.  I think he is stretching it about the bloodlines. He might well have top greyhound blood, it's easy to get hold of a failed greyhound bitch with a fantastic bloodline. But its  more difficult to get hold of top working deerhound blood and it would cost you.

All in all he seems a decent bloke who produces some eye candy dogs with a very sound temperament. Some folk swear by them so he must be doing something right.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5