Motorbikes

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I had a 2003 drz400e it was a bike I could ride for hours on or off road, just wasn’t as exciting as a 2 stroke, I can’t find the picture of my cr500 bud have found my 96 cr250 and my first road bike when I went legal and done my test

D832A870-6DCB-4B68-B6AC-4E72195E481D.jpeg

DCADE074-C6AE-4DBE-8F2A-A0BC573A2D93.jpeg

My biggest regret as far as bikes goes is parting with my DRZ 400E, brilliant bikes, there was 5 in our group of mates and a couple of wr450, they were a blast on and off road, had a bandit as well that ended up righting a Toyota yaris off when I parked it in the front of it at 40 mph lol. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Some lovely bikes here lads good thread, i didont take any pics of mine, ive had, best enduro i had was a 600 husaberg what a beast of a bike, although i always love the kawasaki kx 250 rode many of those, all started on an rm50 with 3 gears what i learned on, it was a mate that had it and he taught me on it lol, always loved suzuki bandits and had a 600cc what a let down after coming of an R1, and one of the best rake around bikes i scooted around on for a while was a 250 super dream, they were an amazing sounding engine. Good thread lads, love a rake on a bike but if need 1 for each foot these days ffs lol

I went the other way len, bandit to FZ1. 

IMG_0261.JPG

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

My biggest regret as far as bikes goes is parting with my DRZ 400E, brilliant bikes, there was 5 in our group of mates and a couple of wr450, they were a blast on and off road, had a bandit as well that ended up righting a Toyota yaris off when I parked it in the front of it at 40 mph lol. 

I was the same, I regretted it as soon as it was in the back of some Hartlepool monkey hangers van ☹️ I’ve had a few fast road bikes, gsxr’s zx9r cbr1000rr and none were as much fun as being on something going down a road and thinking “ I’m sick of tarmac “ and just going across a field, maybe I’m just getting old but the new road bikes are just to fast for me now my mate lent me his for a couple of days over the summer and it scared the sh*t out of me, I went out on it 3 times thinking I would get used to it but every time though one false move and it would kill me

8CF5F0A8-1CE2-4956-8E31-B8AE6D322EFD.jpeg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I was the same, I regretted it as soon as it was in the back of some Hartlepool monkey hangers van ☹️ I’ve had a few fast road bikes, gsxr’s zx9r cbr1000rr and none were as much fun as being on something going down a road and thinking “ I’m sick of tarmac “ and just going across a field, maybe I’m just getting old but the new road bikes are just to fast for me now my mate lent me his for a couple of days over the summer and it scared the sh*t out of me, I went out on it 3 times thinking I would get used to it but every time though one false move and it would kill me

8CF5F0A8-1CE2-4956-8E31-B8AE6D322EFD.jpeg

Same as that, have no need or want for anything quick, 600 hornet at the minute does fine, really fancy a xr400 but bad ones are making stupid money at the moment. 

A friend has 2 dr350 rusting away in his damp ole shed, one of them he bought of me and I've been pestering him to sell it back to me but the hoarding bollox won't budge, would make a brilliant little project bike. 

36 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Same as that, have no need or want for anything quick, 600 hornet at the minute does fine, really fancy a xr400 but bad ones are making stupid money at the moment. 

A friend has 2 dr350 rusting away in his damp ole shed, one of them he bought of me and I've been pestering him to sell it back to me but the hoarding bollox won't budge, would make a brilliant little project bike. 

The XR’s have always been good money, I always wanted a XR650 but couldn’t bring myself to pay the money, closest I got was a ttr600, big, heavy and slow, but lovely to ride 

my brother swapped a gsxr750 track bike that he crashed at cadwell park for this, proper big old thumper, he was going to move it on but loves it and uses it for plodding around town 

40B47B6C-F679-42E8-B7E9-B13E84611700.jpeg

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, paulus said:

A couple of RS`s the 50 i fitted with an 80 kit and the 125 was a silly daft thing to ride, more dangerous than most of the larger bikes ?

SAM_0085.JPG

Yes those rs125 were a flying machine, for all they where they went fast for a 125, had fun on those in my late teens

8 hours ago, Stavross said:

The XR’s have always been good money, I always wanted a XR650 but couldn’t bring myself to pay the money, closest I got was a ttr600, big, heavy and slow, but lovely to ride 

my brother swapped a gsxr750 track bike that he crashed at cadwell park for this, proper big old thumper, he was going to move it on but loves it and uses it for plodding around town 

40B47B6C-F679-42E8-B7E9-B13E84611700.jpeg

Id tale one of those klr bikes too, very good bikes and the us military got them in diesel version too

• Like 1

Good work Paulus, iv rebuilt a ty250 twin shock , need to get it out and ride it its been sat 10 years probably needs another rebuild ha , just on with a 850 comando that was my dad's,  had an sp1 wich I should of never of sold , still got my 1977 gs750 she only comes out in the sun ha , rebuild a 72 pc50 to do a Jon o grotes trip on n done lots of fancy dress rides on it , 

IMG_20221215_073311_468.jpg

20210609_191515.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-175311_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 5