Another dog attack

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Its the same though... why in a pet home would you want a dog with a strong hunting instinct? Its a liability for the owner at some point surely?

People own dogs for lots of reasons, but few to actually work in any aspect...  pet homes aren't the place for high driven powerful dogs...surely that's just common sense, then leaving said dog around your kids...mental... I dont leave my dogs with any kids when they come here, I've owned lurchers, terriers and a spaniel for a while..  plus the sausage lol..  and they were brilliant with kids, but no way was I chancing a freak accident so in the main they were/are put away when kids are here...

I agree mate though dogs like spaniels if exercised properly make cracking pet dogs and i would trust them more than these bully xl types of dog around kid's.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When a status symbol is considered more important than your childs safety then you have real issues, which I don't see any legislation changing to be honest.  For your average joe bloggs there is

It’s the owners need shooting as well as the f****d up dog .

Its the same though... why in a pet home would you want a dog with a strong hunting instinct? Its a liability for the owner at some point surely? People own dogs for lots of reasons, but few to a

Just now, tatsblisters said:

I agree mate though dogs like spaniels if exercised properly make cracking pet dogs and i would trust them more than these bully xl types of dog around kid's.

I've only had 1 spaniel mate, and he was wired to the moon lol..  lovely dog but needed lots of mental and physical exercise.. there are loads of great pet dog owners and will give a dog what they need, like you say a spaniel is a great pet dog for the right owner...picking a dog that suits your time, effort your going to put in, space etc should be the first questions... you wouldn't want a spaniel in a high rise in the middle of a city thats just walked round the block once a day for instance....

The people that are getting these American bull dogs etc aren't asking themselves any if these questions, like my first post its just a status symbol... simply there is no real other reason for an average pet owner to own one imo

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I've only had 1 spaniel mate, and he was wired to the moon lol..  lovely dog but needed lots of mental and physical exercise.. there are loads of great pet dog owners and will give a dog what they need, like you say a spaniel is a great pet dog for the right owner...picking a dog that suits your time, effort your going to put in, space etc should be the first questions... you wouldn't want a spaniel in a high rise in the middle of a city thats just walked round the block once a day for instance....

The people that are getting these American bull dogs etc aren't asking themselves any if these questions, like my first post its just a status symbol... simply there is no real other reason for an average pet owner to own one imo

TBH Mate i think all them bully xls are what you have stated just a status symbol. I see a few round me and their owners lets say not the sharpest knife in the box. As spaniels go it can be a big difference in some strains those i had for years made good family pets as long has they were exercised regular my daughters one has a strong hunting instinct but is good as gold around the house and she is not worried about when the kids walk her as who in their right minds would let even a young teenager walk one of them bully xl never mind a kid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Correct 

but it’s no up to nobody else in what dog somebody else has is it 

Don't know your situation, but would you be happy ,with a div neighbour and a kennel of xl bull shites ,and only a 6x6 bnq fence panel between them and your kids ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, waltjnr said:

Don't know your situation, but would you be happy ,with a div neighbour and a kennel of xl bull shites ,and only a 6x6 bnq fence panel between them and your kids ? 

I wouldn’t be happy with a div neighbour with any breed that shites lurcher terrier bulls labs 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

I wouldn’t be happy with a div neighbour with any breed that shites lurcher terrier bulls labs 

Wasn't a dig just saying  ,twats with these dogs ,shouldn't be allowed to breed themselves, let alone a dog ,

• Like 1