Another dog attack

10 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

No mate only the brief clip on the news don't think there is any mention what breed it is. I believe now that someone being killed by a dog is loosing its shock factor and like gun and knife crime seems to be just another avoidable death in every day life.

I see it on the news and I think the police are waiting on expert to say what breed it was ,it's probably a bully type of some kind .

Very sad 

• Like 3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When a status symbol is considered more important than your childs safety then you have real issues, which I don't see any legislation changing to be honest.  For your average joe bloggs there is

It’s the owners need shooting as well as the f****d up dog .

Its the same though... why in a pet home would you want a dog with a strong hunting instinct? Its a liability for the owner at some point surely? People own dogs for lots of reasons, but few to a

11 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Loath as i am to bring in even more money for insurers but compulsory insurance for dogs would stop a lot of this.....its all well and good some scabby f****r off the estate buying a pit bull for 50 quid if his compulsory insurance premium was a few grand per year or fine/jail for uninsured dogs.....group it like the car insurance groups a bull breed group 20 and a Chihuaha group 1 etc

Wont stop all of the " bad owners " but will turn some of them off.

Last thing this country needs is more legislation but it would only affect the decent folks while the idiots carry on. I honestly don't know the answer  though. Seems to be such a lack of common sense and basically brains among some people now a days 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, terryd said:

Last thing this country needs is more legislation but it would only affect the decent folks while the idiots carry on. I honestly don't know the answer  though. Seems to be such a lack of common sense and basically brains among some people now a days 

When a status symbol is considered more important than your childs safety then you have real issues, which I don't see any legislation changing to be honest. 

For your average joe bloggs there is no reason to own these types of dogs, reports say it was an American Bulldog, these are not your ideal family pets are they?? 

This is not about owning a family pet though, a dog for the kids to grow up with, this is a "look at me" dog, if it was a one off you could say it was coincidence, but this is happening 3 or 4 times a year now same types of dogs same types of owners...   

• Like 8
On 01/02/2023 at 13:27, mackay said:

Kind of agree, but, most scroates who own them wouldn't have insurance, two, why should decent dog owners be penalised for scummy dog owners?.  In most cases it's the same type of dog and the same type of people, fecking target them.

Fair points im just clutching at straws i suppose....i just cant think what else will even make a dent on the amount of bad dog/bad owner combinations.

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Fair points im just clutching at straws i suppose....i just cant think what else will even make a dent on the amount of bad dog/bad owner combinations.

A heavy cull ……..

11 hours ago, littlefish said:

Just what does a normal  member of society feel the need to own such a dog????

Perhaps it's a bit like how some women fall in love with mass murderers on death row. I know that's an extreme example but plenty are attracted to dangerous, un stable men. Perhaps it's that desire to be attached to and tame that dangerous element. Unfortunately the instinct and desire to do that is outweighed by actual brain power to do it

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Some would say the same about owning a dog with a strong hunting instinct 

Its the same though... why in a pet home would you want a dog with a strong hunting instinct? Its a liability for the owner at some point surely?

People own dogs for lots of reasons, but few to actually work in any aspect...  pet homes aren't the place for high driven powerful dogs...surely that's just common sense, then leaving said dog around your kids...mental... I dont leave my dogs with any kids when they come here, I've owned lurchers, terriers and a spaniel for a while..  plus the sausage lol..  and they were brilliant with kids, but no way was I chancing a freak accident so in the main they were/are put away when kids are here...

• Like 5

I've always said your average lurcher ..or dog come to that is 50 lb of muscle and teeth....

thats why my dogs are in the kennel. ..don't want them anywhere near my kids....and there as good as gold with my kids...and mine are just little 35 lb fat whippets as Phil would say...but remember we use these dogs to kill small animals. ..

small kids and babies it would be over in seconds with most lurchers if they wanted to..

God knows how you live with that guilt of owning a dog that's killed one of your kids...or a neighbours child

• Like 2