Vera the beagle

jcm

Well its been a good few years in the making had my name down there n a few potential litters but bitches not taking etc left me really struggling to find what i was after anyway my pal bred his pure beagle and although i didn't want a pure i had a particularly soft spot for this bitch she is a great finder can hunt on well and just really give me that excitement on a hunt so decided to take a bitch pup wanted to call it karen but the misses wouldn't allow so here is Vera. IMG_20221122_113022_632.jpg.a1f6485defcf6219c9b702731c99b3c2.jpg

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

After a number of years without any hounds, I decided the pack could do with some pure hounds, a step up from the beagle x terriers I own & run. I've also added a pair of beagles ( Ziggy & Barney) plus the young fox hound bitch (Amber). They will help me to locate any rabbits that require action after any farmer has made contract & reported a problem. This type of work has been my bread & butter for the last 25 wonderful years. Further to this now, I have 3 adult beagles, two bitches and a dog along with 3 puppies I bred made up of two bitches and a dog. I kept all the puppies from the litter, apart from a tri coloured bitch that my adult daughter claimed.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1

Ziggy a pure Beagle  & Pippy(50 % beagle /50% terrier pup). I've done this Terrier/Beagle cross a good number of times and get a dog that has a better tracking nose than the terrier and has more catch in them than as Beagle.

20211002_093516.jpg

20200510_092214 (1).jpg

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 9
On 24/12/2022 at 20:13, toolebox said:

Ziggy & Pippy(50 % beagle /50% terrier pup)

20211002_093516.jpg

20200510_092214 (1).jpg

I wanted beagle mix but few things fell through and i pick of litter off my pals pure she's a good finder and a joy to hunt with 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...