Whippet x spaniel stud dog?

Tyla

I am possibly looking for a stud this way bred to put over one of my mongrel bushers. The bitch is whippet x Russell x springer x pat. She's my wife's dog and mostly used for beating and bit of bushing, we don't want to add any more terrier or full spaniel so thinking a spaniel x is the way and they are now only a quarter whippet so a bit more of that would be good.

Has anyone got or know or anything suitable, ideally in the South East?

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/12/2022 at 12:49, Tyla said:

I am possibly looking for a stud this way bred to put over one of my mongrel bushers. The bitch is whippet x Russell x springer x pat. She's my wife's dog and mostly used for beating and bit of bushing, we don't want to add any more terrier or full spaniel so thinking a spaniel x is the way and they are now only a quarter whippet so a bit more of that would be good.

Has anyone got or know or anything suitable, ideally in the South East?

They’ll make great dogs. My springer x lurcher was the most skilful natural hunting dog I’ve owned, great natured, easily trained and very intelligent. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shortstraw said:

They’ll make great dogs. My springer x lurcher was the most skilful natural hunting dog I’ve owned, great natured, easily trained and very intelligent. 

Was she an easy dog to live with the one my mate had was a great little dog to have around then it it was like switching a light on when it was mooching time.

5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Was she an easy dog to live with the one my mate had was a great little dog to have around then it it was like switching a light on when it was mooching time.

That was my one concern before I got her, I need a dog that’s easy to live with....so I took a gamble and yes she was very easy to live with....but like your mates when out she covered a lot of ground compared to other breeds and lurchers I’ve owned.

It affected me badly when she died with what looked to be a pellet hole in her chest...she was only eight....my other bed/whip x collie/grey/whip is now twelve. 

It sounds daft, but as good as she was I’m better off probably without the running component due to the amount of hassle it brings me these days.....a small springer would suit me but I’m finding it hard pulling away from little lurcher springer whippet x type. I just mooch with the catapult these days. Honestly....I used to have collie crosses and never used to find much daytime hunting up, but honestly if I took the springer X out I had to be careful because she’d always put something up when you least expected or wanted......lovely dog.

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...
On 24/12/2022 at 18:15, Shortstraw said:

That was my one concern before I got her, I need a dog that’s easy to live with....so I took a gamble and yes she was very easy to live with....but like your mates when out she covered a lot of ground compared to other breeds and lurchers I’ve owned.

It affected me badly when she died with what looked to be a pellet hole in her chest...she was only eight....my other bed/whip x collie/grey/whip is now twelve. 

It sounds daft, but as good as she was I’m better off probably without the running component due to the amount of hassle it brings me these days.....a small springer would suit me but I’m finding it hard pulling away from little lurcher springer whippet x type. I just mooch with the catapult these days. Honestly....I used to have collie crosses and never used to find much daytime hunting up, but honestly if I took the springer X out I had to be careful because she’d always put something up when you least expected or wanted......lovely dog.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/122326742/cocker-spaniel-x-whippet-pups-8-weeks-old.html?link=%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3DCocker%2Bspaniel

On 10/09/2023 at 00:25, gnipper said:

It's uncanny how the pups in this litter are the double of pups my mate bred some year's back out of a small type springer bitch to a whippet all pups in the litter were black. 

4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's uncanny how the pups in this litter are the double of pups my mate bred some year's back out of a small type springer bitch to a whippet all pups in the litter were black. 

Mate of mine breeds beddy whippets and says they all come out the same in the genuine first crosses so probably something similar with spaniel crosses?

• Like 1

Cheers for the link for my name down for one to pick up next weekend all going well been struggling to replace old cocker x patterdale and partners daughters got a thing for whippets as she’s got for cockers so it’s slid in easy 

I’ll post some pics all going well this time next week 👍

• Like 3
5 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

Cheers for the link for my name down for one to pick up next weekend all going well been struggling to replace old cocker x patterdale and partners daughters got a thing for whippets as she’s got for cockers so it’s slid in easy 

I’ll post some pics all going well this time next week 👍

Keep us posted mate and let us know how you get on with the pup I keep looking at the link myself and are tempted to get in touch with the lad who has them.