• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been some heavy threads lately, so I went in the loft to find some pics that might lighten things up a bit. I found some old pics from around 45 years ago when I challenged a Shotokan Int

All have to start somewhere but all the  training in the world aren't going to give someone the bollocks when the shit hits the fan. Having said that, a little bit of knowledge will usually get people

Just seems like taunting someone who's got learning difficulties to me..... wankers by the sounds of them 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, steve66 said:

I used to be martial arts  mad growing up in the 70s and 80s  , loved it all Bruce lee, kung fu , hong kong fooyey even the Hia karate  aftershave advert ?

Pennywell dojo circa '85 ?

• Haha 1
On 16/12/2022 at 16:44, mC HULL said:

a kick damages more that’s obvious more weight and greater acceleration a knee or elbow also cause a lot more damage the a fist 

i’ve just put up multiple knockouts by machida from kicks while in a karate stance against all differnet styles so how do you come to the conclusion kicks don’t work ? 

Only because you have changed the subject so many times are we/you now talking about something completely different to the original point....my original point was that Karate as a discipline has no place in a street fight....not whether kicks are effective in martial arts ffs !

• Haha 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Only because you have changed the subject so many times are we/you now talking about something completely different to the original point....my original point was that Karate as a discipline has no place in a street fight....not whether kicks are effective in martial arts ffs !

as paulus said recently i move the whole stadium not just the goalpost ? 

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity Mchull......was you interested in all that Ufc stuff when it first came about in the early 90's ?......i honestly thought it was a breath of fresh air.....at last " real fighting " i thought......i went to a few Vale Tudo tournaments it even inspired me to start taking it all a bit more serious in gyms back then....but little by little more and more rules came in so as not to upset folk and now your left with something thats not even close to a real fight.........just for once i thought " sport " was going to override " money "....but no.....its a huge industry now of course but with the way it was promoted in them early days todays version always leaves a bit of a sour taste for me.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Out of curiosity Mchull......was you interested in all that Ufc stuff when it first came about in the early 90's ?......i honestly thought it was a breath of fresh air.....at last " real fighting " i thought......i went to a few Vale Tudo tournaments it even inspired me to start taking it all a bit more serious in gyms back then....but little by little more and more rules came in so as not to upset folk and now your left with something thats not even close to a real fight.........just for once i thought " sport " was going to override " money "....but no.....its a huge industry now of course but with the way it was promoted in them early days todays version always leaves a bit of a sour taste for me.

yes mate i loved boxing early ufc just about all of it when younger i suppose i still do now i loved borrowing the vhs tapes of it from men at training  and me neighbour always recorded early ufc and boxing etc for me i only had 1234 ? the japs loved the boots stamps to the head 

like you say it was real fighting bar biting or gouging as close to a real fight there ever was the more rules favoured grappling and bjj which can become boring to watch at times 

7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

yes mate i loved boxing early ufc just about all of it when younger i suppose i still do now i loved borrowing the vhs tapes of it from men at training  and me neighbour always recorded early ufc and boxing etc for me i only had 1234 ? the japs loved the boots stamps to the head 

like you say it was real fighting bar biting or gouging as close to a real fight there ever was the more rules favoured grappling and bjj which can become boring to watch at times 

Hey, Gooey, who was the big judo guy that Royce gracie beat in about 1995?  I borrowed the tape off a fella I used to work with.

Gracie snapped the guy's arm in the final.

Gracie was 13 stone, the judo guy 20 stone.

26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Hey, Gooey, who was the big judo guy that Royce gracie beat in about 1995?  I borrowed the tape off a fella I used to work with.

Gracie snapped the guy's arm in the final.

Gracie was 13 stone, the judo guy 20 stone.

i can’t remember him breaking an arm in the early ufc mate he beat that kimo leopoldo and couldn’t carry on after took to much out of him he was a big bloke ponytail on him

i can remember him breaking a few arms in pride in japan 

Edited by mC HULL

An "acquaintance" of mine, did a few low-budget martial arts movies, then got a part in Bloodsport, he is actually in the opening scenes, was going to have a bigger part in the film but he went on strike for more cash ? and was written out, was told he would never work in HK movies again, went on to become quite well known for other things and spent time in a far-east prison.