• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been some heavy threads lately, so I went in the loft to find some pics that might lighten things up a bit. I found some old pics from around 45 years ago when I challenged a Shotokan Int

All have to start somewhere but all the  training in the world aren't going to give someone the bollocks when the shit hits the fan. Having said that, a little bit of knowledge will usually get people

Just seems like taunting someone who's got learning difficulties to me..... wankers by the sounds of them 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not in the way that karate teaches , no

which I believe was the entire argument 

just hit the nail on the head.... karate is effective if your fighting a manniquin from M&S... or looking for qudos in the dojo from your belt your ge that never sees sweat... and when it comes to showing you a KARATE move lol them weird fekers really like to throw it in to try and scare you lol...

lets be honest here... in a real fight its usually over in matter of a minute or 2...either by a sledge hammer or a glasgow headbutt or simply one is not up for it... but a fighter whos seen a bit of proper mma lets call it or goes to a dojo that actually puts you in a street fight scenario...no ref no rules and no crying... not too many want to go for a 3 minute back to back.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, stop.end said:

just hit the nail on the head.... karate is effective if your fighting a manniquin from M&S... or looking for qudos in the dojo from your belt your ge that never sees sweat... and when it comes to showing you a KARATE move lol them weird fekers really like to throw it in to try and scare you lol...

lets be honest here... in a real fight its usually over in matter of a minute or 2...either by a sledge hammer or a glasgow headbutt or simply one is not up for it... but a fighter whos seen a bit of proper mma lets call it or goes to a dojo that actually puts you in a street fight scenario...no ref no rules and no crying... not too many want to go for a 3 minute back to back.

tell that to the only 2 british fighters to become ufc champion karate and kickboxing backgrounds edwards and bisping ? 

• Like 1

All the fighting styles can  have a part to play,apart from that dung aikido lol

As van dame says lol

Vd: teach me I can do it

Tanaka:you are not japanese your are not a tanaka 

Vd:YOU TAUGHT ME,TO USE ANY TECHNIQUE THAT WORKS,NEVER TO LIMIT MYSELF TO ONE STYLE,TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND

Tanaka: why

Vd: to honour you shidoshi

• Haha 2
Just now, mC HULL said:

tell that to the only 2 british fighters to become ufc champion karate and kickboxing backgrounds edwards and bisping ? 

lol..as usual fella your running away with the wind.... 2 great fighters btw... is karate a good thing to get into for mental and physical training yes... is it good in a real world scenario when your actually scrapping someone who is up for it and knows a bit on how to fight... personally no,,, remember im talking in the street your a karate man and your ego gets the better of you because of your belt.... no... i was over in london for a seminar about 8 years ago ben ledwick michael moore one of the gracies and a canadian dude...ben lidwick choked a fella who digs with me a bit out..was the time alex reid was thinking he was a  cage fighter.... my mate can already strret ruck so we were taking a ten minute break on the mats and i was talking to ben .. i said see that fella over there he reckons alex reid would choke you out... so seminar starts back on the mats and he calls my mate up... 2 minute back to back he chokes him in about 40 seconds.... there was a skinny ginger londoner there that day skinny dude services bentleys and all high end vehicles round london... meanest fastest dirtiest man ive ever trained with. 

Let's be real here.  Anyone can be a black belt in karate and certain martial arts, without EVER having a fight.

It just proves you know and have a degree of understaning of your katas etc.

Actually has little to do with real fighting.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Francie said:

All the fighting styles can  have a part to play,apart from that dung aikido lol

As van dame says lol

Vd: teach me I can do it

Tanaka:you are not japanese your are not a tanaka 

Vd:YOU TAUGHT ME,TO USE ANY TECHNIQUE THAT WORKS,NEVER TO LIMIT MYSELF TO ONE STYLE,TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND

Tanaka: why

Vd: to honour you shidoshi

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Let's be real here.  Anyone can be a black belt in karate and certain martial arts, without EVER having a fight.

It just proves you know and have a degree of understaning of your katas etc.

Actually has little to do with real fighting.

spot on shaark but there’s a massive difference between kata and getting a black belt and full contact karate 

4 minutes ago, stop.end said:

lol..as usual fella your running away with the wind.... 2 great fighters btw... is karate a good thing to get into for mental and physical training yes... is it good in a real world scenario when your actually scrapping someone who is up for it and knows a bit on how to fight... personally no,,, remember im talking in the street your a karate man and your ego gets the better of you because of your belt.... no... i was over in london for a seminar about 8 years ago ben ledwick michael moore one of the gracies and a canadian dude...ben lidwick choked a fella who digs with me a bit out..was the time alex reid was thinking he was a  cage fighter.... my mate can already strret ruck so we were taking a ten minute break on the mats and i was talking to ben .. i said see that fella over there he reckons alex reid would choke you out... so seminar starts back on the mats and he calls my mate up... 2 minute back to back he chokes him in about 40 seconds.... there was a skinny ginger londoner there that day skinny dude services bentleys and all high end vehicles round london... meanest fastest dirtiest man ive ever trained with. 

to say karate strikes are useless in the street is silly 

how much use bjj is in a street fight is debateable against anyone can dirty fight and doesn’t give a fack it’s about useless 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

how much use bjj is in a street fight is debateable against anyone can dirty fight and doesn’t give a fack it’s about useless 

Karate is useless in the street ... You gonna try using an outward block when some one kicking or punching you or an overhead block if someone's trying to bottle you .. are you feck your just going to either run or attack back 

Karate strikes are basically kicking and punching which most other fighting techniques use ..

Just now, Chid said:

Karate is useless in the street ... You gonna try using an outward block when some one kicking or punching you or an overhead block if someone's trying to bottle you .. are you feck your just going to either run or attack back 

Karate strikes are basically kicking and punching which most other fighting techniques use ..

most come from karate that’s what i’m saying all come from kung fu ? and if someone’s bringing something down on your head i would i would  overhead block followed by the nut ? 

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol what im saying is in REALITY... the best thing to actually try and do is walk away humble sometimes.

• Like 1