New SAS show on tv!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any of yas watch it? SAS rogue heros, its good watching but theyve fecked up blair maynes character, making him out to be just a drunken irish thug, which i dont think the family are too happy about.

“Chosen men , with me “

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Been seeing clips of it on Facebook watch everyone I can. Really look like a good show ! 

Watch the clips on youtube about him and the originals who speak of him, they all said he should have had multiple VCs, these where the lads who served under him, they where the men he rescued himself whilst being shot at, bombed, im all for supporting our troups, but it was politics in government that stopped him getting it, he was highly respected and led by example, 

8 hours ago, steve66 said:

What i found strange that they allowed churchills son to tag along on raids as he was a war journalist , surely he would have been a great capture for the Germans ?

Probably to feed back info to the top dawg, dont forget certain members in government didnt want the unit to succeed as it was in its infancy and they didnt know if it would work, mayne  and the lads made it and layed the foundation for what it is today, top of the tree in HM forces. Back when the white man had the cahonies and bowed only to GOD

35 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Probably to feed back info to the top dawg, dont forget certain members in government didnt want the unit to succeed as it was in its infancy and they didnt know if it would work, mayne  and the lads made it and layed the foundation for what it is today, top of the tree in HM forces. Back when the white man had the cahonies and bowed only to GOD

Dont forget LRDG where operating before the sas was formed and i think RM comandos 

Edited by steve66
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Dont forget LRDG where operating before the sas was formed and i think RM comandos 

Their missions were more of a recce type. The SAS were the first in cause as much damage and carnage as possible and out again. 

2 hours ago, socks said:

Their missions were more of a recce type. The SAS were the first in cause as much damage and carnage as possible and out again. 

The books a good read socks , goes into  alot more detail , sbs silent warriors is another good one 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I believe the fact Stirling was allowed to operate the unit outside the constraints of the regular army was one of the reason it worked, The unit was originally a phantom regiment and those who created that Phantom regiment only wanted dead bodies to add some reality to its existence. You are correct that it was the Men who then made the unit what it was and its still the Men who make it what it remains today. 

9 hours ago, paulus said:

I believe the fact Stirling was allowed to operate the unit outside the constraints of the regular army was one of the reason it worked, The unit was originally a phantom regiment and those who created that Phantom regiment only wanted dead bodies to add some reality to its existence. You are correct that it was the Men who then made the unit what it was and its still the Men who make it what it remains today. 

100% mate, they are a certain breed of man

On 09/12/2022 at 17:35, steve66 said:

What I like about tv shows like this is, no matter how good/bad they are there’s bits you pick up from them and learn.

I knew about the LRDG before but didn’t quite realise how significant their skills were in making the SAS a success.

• Like 1

My uncle Dick fought with the LRDG (my dad's uncle really). Years later his son was with the army air core and flew helicopters for the sas. He took his dad to Stirling lines to meet the regiment blokes and the treated him as an honoured guest. If I see my cousin I'll try and get a photo of the visit 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

What I like about tv shows like this is, no matter how good/bad they are there’s bits you pick up from them and learn.

I knew about the LRDG before but didn’t quite realise how significant their skills were in making the SAS a success.

Without their amazing map reading skills incorporating stars, sun etc the SAS would have been driving around the desert aimlessly ………

3 hours ago, socks said:

Without their amazing map reading skills incorporating stars, sun etc the SAS would have been driving around the desert aimlessly ………

:thumbs: The SAS was obviously founded as a parachute regiment. They initially thought that was the way forward. But the LRDG showed them that mobility was the key in that theatre. To me it was the real enabler of this new type of soldier.

I often find these lesser known units, like the LRDG, more interesting.

• Like 2