THE PLACES YOU GET TO SEE .. 2 ..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye up Chev. Did you ever manage the Eildon Walk. Starts at Eildon village and ends in Bowden. We used to do two laps of the Greenyards in Melrose and then run the Eildons. I’m talking a good talk here. Never finished it. Gruelling isn’t the word. Jok.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jok said:

Aye up Chev. Did you ever manage the Eildon Walk. Starts at Eildon village and ends in Bowden. We used to do two laps of the Greenyards in Melrose and then run the Eildons. I’m talking a good talk here. Never finished it. Gruelling isn’t the word. Jok.

Jok who would have been around Melrose in your time? I was at the greenyards every Sunday from 6-16 you kept up to scratch with the franchise team and the split? Seems to have been a good thing for the club with regards to committee change etc but my heart will always be with Earlston Rfc not great rugby but what the club and committee do is outstanding the work behind the scenes 

Well Jim Telfer was my coach. Ecky is my godfather. We had the Kings Arms. Three houses up Dingleton Hill towards the golf course. Sister still lives in Earlston but to be fair I hated that ground. We played sevens there and won as I recall. The Earlston boys couldn’t cut it. I’m sure things have changed dramatically since my day but it was great to be at the Greenyards for Doddies send off. Even got myself on Skynews acting the goat. Incidentally Jim Shearer was also school coach at Galashiels Academy. Jok.

On 09/01/2023 at 18:21, jok said:

been up when we was on hols years ago from the little loch near Bowden .

used to run up the Chevin in otley . you would start from the jubilee clock up a load of steps to the top and back down not no more 

like a slow mooch now

Edited by CHEVINFOX
  • Like 2