Just heard on my way home that temps here are going down to minus 5 for the next week or more have lots of wood cut and am just filling my water tank as the water points will be turned off from tomorrow, happy days, Stay safe and enjoy ??

• Like 2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On north moors and it’s 

Good set long John’s and a geordie foreman at the back of the dyke good walling weather this is 

Aye it's deffo that time of year, am currently enjoying a nice glass of red listening to the Dubliners and enjoying relaxing time in front of the log burner and enjoying all the logs I've stole all ye

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

I actually own a fresh pair every day for a fortnight...and 3 draws of odd socks that come in handy if your caught short on your journeys ?

i could never manage to get my pants down before the inevitable happened or had nothing available to wipe with, Always carry a knife and a spare pair of shreadies whilst out and about in the countryside ?

1 minute ago, paulus said:

i could never manage to get my pants down before the inevitable happened or had nothing available to wipe with, Always carry a knife and a spare pair of shreadies whilst out and about in the countryside ?

that's why a shirt has the one pocket?

• Haha 3

Forecast for cold here as well, dont know what's going to happen the poor lads in work as they've already got more layers on than an onion, I've a feeling a couple of them may actually seize up and die if they have to work in anything close to freezing conditions. 

• Haha 3

The first day I arrived in France was -20C overnight. There was over a foot of snow and it didn't get above -8C for 2 weeks and that was in full sun. Minus 25C towards the latter end at night.  The 2 bedroom cottage I had rented had one 4kw log burner and no logs. I managed to scrounge half a cube later on. The gas bottle had frozen as had the water. When I took the dog out for a walk round the fields there were dead birds everywhere, lapwings, pigeons, partridge. I had to cook on top of the log burner, buy water in 5 litre bottles to warm up on the stove to wash in and bought a couple of electric oil filled heaters for the bedroom before the shops ran out of heaters. Little wife was due to fly out a couple of days after I got there, but I told her to cancel. On the 15th day the snow melted, and a week later there was frog spawn in the flooded wheelings.