To walk the streets, fer crying out loud what next, covids on the rampage, monkey virus, scarlet fever, strep a, i put the telly on first thing of a morning fer the news, followed by, purecremation, hes dead, shes dead, hes on the way out, ive received a letter this morning from the department of food and rural affairs, because theres been an outbreak of avian flu, in my area, asking me if i keep ducks EH  and how many,     im losing it i am 

6 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Bird flu is all over mate, brought my canaries and budgies in earlier this year anyway 

And i hope all goes well for you matey, but what a world we are living in, existing right now , compared to when i was a lad in the fifties, i cold go on but whats the point 

• Like 1

Deleted all news apps and don’t watch news anymore just another way for the msm to bring your days down and make you feel negative. 

deleted Facebook and Instagram only use this now only had social media for my business anyway but feel better for it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Bird flu is all over mate, brought my canaries and budgies in earlier this year anyway 

We not locked down on our allotment really don't see point if there's an out brake with in 3 miles am to believe all stock in the zone get culled so locked up or not your stock gone 

• Like 2

somebody did mention on here i get missen a budgie or summat fer company, with me not being allowed a dog, but i did no that when i came here, thought about building myself a flight and getting a couple of canaries, i had em years ago, but suppose thats gone out the window now, 

21 minutes ago, tank34 said:

We not locked down on our allotment really don't see point if there's an out brake with in 3 miles am to believe all stock in the zone get culled so locked up or not your stock gone 

Same here, at our Allotments people are still breeding, selling and trading everything from finches to turkeys !

I was at a bird sale recently, plenty of finches, canaries, budgies, etc, but quail weren't allowed. Seemed a bit daft as most of the lads that keep caged birds also keep quail, but the organisers said no poultry.

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Same here, at our Allotments people are still breeding, selling and trading everything from finches to turkeys !

I was at a bird sale recently, plenty of finches, canaries, budgies, etc, but quail weren't allowed. Seemed a bit daft as most of the lads that keep caged birds also keep quail, but the organisers said no poultry.

Cheers.

But can still buy poultry transport them about , we got one nob head on he got all his locked up but he been told ring defra an your kicked off 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, tank34 said:

But can still buy poultry transport them about , we got one nob head on he got all his locked up but he been told ring defra an your kicked off 

We had one woman got a plot on our Allotments and immediately started quoting council rules......no cockerels, ducks, geese, turkeys, only 6 hens allowed.

She didn't last long.

To be fair, the council officer said the only time he would act was if there were complaints from the village, but it's a very small pit village and most of the people on the Allotments live in the village, so no complaints.

Weve recently been taken over by a charity, Urban Green, they are absolutely useless, won't spent any money, but leave the running of the place to the committee, which is my mate chairman and me treasurer, so as long as there's nothing outrageous, just about anything goes !

Cheers.

53 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

We had one woman got a plot on our Allotments and immediately started quoting council rules......no cockerels, ducks, geese, turkeys, only 6 hens allowed.

She didn't last long.

To be fair, the council officer said the only time he would act was if there were complaints from the village, but it's a very small pit village and most of the people on the Allotments live in the village, so no complaints.

Weve recently been taken over by a charity, Urban Green, they are absolutely useless, won't spent any money, but leave the running of the place to the committee, which is my mate chairman and me treasurer, so as long as there's nothing outrageous, just about anything goes !

Cheers.

Our place is same we run it an just pay council thay don't bother us can do what you like as long your not upsetting any plot holder 

• Like 4