Started off great ?‍♂️

Was out early this morning really cold and was excited to see the dogs finally getting some good scent , 100 yards out the card one got up and young bitch didn’t see it but she knew exactly where he went gone out of sight old bitch isn’t what she use to be and couldn’t keep up so just totally lost it and came back was watching the tracker and was nearly a mile away and could hear her speaking so she was on him , I could just see her in the distance when she disappeared found her sprawled out first thought she was dead but she was just knocked out , carried her back to the car and all seems ok but a mile with a 35kg bitch on your shoulders is a killer ??‍♂️

4F842495-4EA0-4528-9122-16D5018F8354.jpeg

49622A81-4409-4498-9715-971CFE01EDEE.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

Hope she has a good recovery. I couldn’t imagine my dog being a mile away… that’s a totally different style of hunting isn’t it? I live in Lincolnshire, and a mile away would have crossed roads, dykes, and be unheard off. 

It’s what iv got on my doorstep it not much game wise but you can have some real fun ! And got to get dogs to suit , what iv noticed is between my two bitches is the old one is smaller and taken a lot of knocks and cost me a lot of money fixing her but my young bitch is bigger and doesn’t take the same knocks 

• Like 3
Just now, king said:

That tracker is worth it's weight on gold mate..

How old is sky now..

She’s slowed down mate , she’s had couple good days this year but if we have a good hunt or a long walk it’s 2/3 days off before she can go again , she was 10 this year 

2 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

She’s slowed down mate , she’s had couple good days this year but if we have a good hunt or a long walk it’s 2/3 days off before she can go again , she was 10 this year 

She's seen some action in them 10yrs though and taken a good few knocks mate. I bet she's still keen as mustard when she sees that collar though..

38 minutes ago, king said:

She's seen some action in them 10yrs though and taken a good few knocks mate. I bet she's still keen as mustard when she sees that collar though..

Yea she’s give me some sport mate , that’s the problem I try to leave her behind but she plays hell and end up taking her , 

36 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

hope the bitch is sound some doing that carrying dog that distance in that terrain ?

It wasn’t fun and wasn’t pretty tbh , and after 8O minutes of rugby yesterday my body is f****d but she’s home on the sofa my two live in the house so we’ve kept a eye on her 

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

Hope all is going well. Good dogs when they get to 10 just get cleverer. admittedly slower but the fact they still want to go shows you what they are made off mate.  

Yea she’s had couple injuries last year or two where’s she’s lost pace and not slowed up when she’s needed to ?‍♂️