Over eating

24 minutes ago, Francie said:

It's a known fact that eating spikes your insulin voon,there's foods that don't spike it mind you,have you never heard of insulin resistance?

I'd say three times is the norm these days charts,but I was talking about people who eat often durning the day,snacking etc or eating 5678 times for bodybuilders,eating alot spikes your insulin depending in what we're eating.

Goodman your eating well boss.

Goodman bushy

Goodman keith

Thank you neo

Yes Francie, I have…if I’m understanding you correctly,  you’re asking does eating 5 or 6 times a day have the same cons as steroid abuse. I said how could it? It’s a normal function. Long term overeating causes issue’s, but as we get older, I think we don’t need as much calories as we once did yet we consume the same.Yes changes in diet can help with inflammation issues.  I been interested in this area for a while now, just getting a grasp of it, but it requires a lot of discipline, When working I only have breakfast and dinner and only take water in between, maybe a coffee and it helps to keep the weight off and I don’t feel as sluggish.  
look up Peter Atillia, he has a book coming out next year.  He is a good source of knowledge.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I eat the old fashioned way: breakfast, dinner and supper, meat, veg, fish, usually fresh, not processed. lead a healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise and fresh air. 70 years old, rela

That's the spirit keith your out in the countryside doing what you love,goodman 

Just watched a series on disney channel called limitless with Chris hemsworth , quite a good watch with one episode on fasting and how the body repairs its self , chris did a 3 day fast and some spear

18 minutes ago, VOON said:

Yes Francie, I have…if I’m understanding you correctly,  you’re asking does eating 5 or 6 times a day have the same cons as steroid abuse. I said how could it? It’s a normal function. Long term overeating causes issue’s, but as we get older, I think we don’t need as much calories as we once did yet we consume the same.Yes changes in diet can help with inflammation issues.  I been interested in this area for a while now, just getting a grasp of it, but it requires a lot of discipline, When working I only have breakfast and dinner and only take water in between, maybe a coffee and it helps to keep the weight off and I don’t feel as sluggish.  
look up Peter Atillia, he has a book coming out next year.  He is a good source of knowledge.

Thank you voon,I will do.

High metabolism rate that's my problem, if indeed it is a problem, .honestly munching on summat most of the day, there's also a neighbour lives upstairs, a cockney to the marra , and a good friend, she knocked on my door earlier on, with a lamb hot Pot, I can't wait to get stuck in, and would you believe, I will.have Bread n butter we it, but fer now,  off out fer a short walk in some fields close to me , pretend I've got Nell at my side and my ferrets , eh then settle down fer the neet, and watch ,England , 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

High metabolism rate that's my problem, if indeed it is a problem, .honestly munching on summat most of the day, there's also a neighbour lives upstairs, a cockney to the marra , and a good friend, she knocked on my door earlier on, with a lamb hot Pot, I can't wait to get stuck in, and would you believe, I will.have Bread n butter we it, but fer now,  off out fer a short walk in some fields close to me , pretend I've got Nell at my side and my ferrets , eh then settle down fer the neet, and watch ,England , 

That's the spirit keith your out in the countryside doing what you love,goodman 

• Like 4

Just watched a series on disney channel called limitless with Chris hemsworth , quite a good watch with one episode on fasting and how the body repairs its self , chris did a 3 day fast and some spear fishing at the end relying on ketones as an energy source 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, steve66 said:

Just watched a series on disney channel called limitless with Chris hemsworth , quite a good watch with one episode on fasting and how the body repairs its self , chris did a 3 day fast and some spear fishing at the end relying on ketones as an energy source 

Did he have to have the hose pipe full of cold coffee pumped up the keister?

5 hours ago, steve66 said:

Chris Trensworth?

• Haha 1
On 04/12/2022 at 00:42, Francie said:

But you could eat very clean say 7 times a day if your a bodybuilder,it's the multiple times of eating spiliking insulin each time you eat that I'm referring to.

For non diabetes insulin control is not a problem and grazing is no more harmful than well spaced meals. Steriods will have an impact on the negative side but being healthy will have an impact on the positive side. As in all things its a matter of balance.

some info here that compares Mr Average to sports people with a focus on body builders.

WWW.THEBARBELL.COM

Are pro bodybuilders dying younger than the average man? What are the most common causes of bodybuilder deaths?

On 04/12/2022 at 11:20, chartpolski said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the generally recognised way of eating healthy was small amounts spread out through the day ?

Cheers.

When done properly fasting does likely have some health benefits but as in all things the poison is in the dose.

On 04/12/2022 at 11:31, Francie said:

In the long term, repeated spikes in your blood sugar can cause heart problems, kidney problems, problems with eyesight, and nerve issues like neuropathy, where you lose feeling in fingers and toes

For diabetics the spike in glucose can cause many problems but glucose is controlled in non diabetics, by insulin, so not a problem.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
On 04/12/2022 at 11:34, Francie said:

My whole point was does eating as many times a day like bodybuilders do mirror steriod abuse?

I'm not really sure how bad steroids affect the body,but could spiked insulin many times a day like bodybuilders do,could play apart in there problems aside from steroids?

The simple answer for non diabetics No.

5 hours ago, sandymere said:

For diabetics the spike in glucose can cause many problems but glucose is controlled in non diabetics, by insulin, so not a problem.

But you can be insulin resistant without being diabetic

29 minutes ago, Francie said:

But you can be insulin resistant without being diabetic

here one for you, i not diabetic  been testes quite few times and always ok . But some times if done jobs in my garden  for 3-4 hours or when i was younger been lamping etc, i get very tired , and sleepy , got in the house had couple bars of choc and choc biscuits  , and was ok then, doctor said my sugar levels had gone right down from exercise  i one, even now at 70, when cut me lawns, i can feel it coming on, just have some choc biscuits  and i be fine .

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bird said:

here one for you, i not diabetic  been testes quite few times and always ok . But some times if done jobs in my garden  for 3-4 hours or when i was younger been lamping etc, i get very tired , and sleepy , got in the house had couple bars of choc and choc biscuits  , and was ok then, doctor said my sugar levels had gone right down from exercise  i one, even now at 70, when cut me lawns, i can feel it coming on, just have some choc biscuits  and i be fine .

Not eating enough to sustain you through the work…..I can get it on the bike…..Bonking….body runs out of glycogen in the muscles….i starts eating after 30 mins on the bike now….keep the levels up….

• Like 2