Over eating

There's been alot of bodybuilders dying relatively young In the past few years,an people assume its the steriods doing it,tho bodybuilders eat alot of food,6 7 8 9......meals a day,that's 6 7 8 9 times a day there insulin is being raised,leading to insulin resistance,would over eating an insulin resistance have a part to play as it leads to cardiovascular problems?

Hopefully gnash a couple others can get a good discussion going about it,interesting stuff.

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I eat the old fashioned way: breakfast, dinner and supper, meat, veg, fish, usually fresh, not processed. lead a healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise and fresh air. 70 years old, rela

That's the spirit keith your out in the countryside doing what you love,goodman 

Just watched a series on disney channel called limitless with Chris hemsworth , quite a good watch with one episode on fasting and how the body repairs its self , chris did a 3 day fast and some spear

26 minutes ago, Francie said:

There's been alot of bodybuilders dying relatively young In the past few years,an people assume its the steriods doing it,tho bodybuilders eat alot of food,6 7 8 9......meals a day,that's 6 7 8 9 times a day there insulin is being raised,leading to insulin resistance,would over eating an insulin resistance have a part to play as it leads to cardiovascular problems?

Hopefully gnash a couple others can get a good discussion going about it,interesting stuff.

the steroids ruin your heart francie cause heart disease thicken arteries and ventricles make them lose there elasticity make them hard if that’s they way to say it ? cause a  build up of plaque i’d stay well clear especially heavy doses 

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the steroids ruin your heart francie cause heart disease thicken arteries and ventricles make them lose there elasticity make them hard if that’s they way to say it ? cause a  build up of plaque i’d stay well clear especially heavy doses 

I'm more interested in the eating side of things mc.

4 minutes ago, Francie said:

I'm more interested in the eating side of things mc.

id say yes over eating could cause heart disease fatty foods cause bad cholesterol which can cause deposits to form in arteries causing blockages clots etc which will make the heart work harder causing things to enlarge and even heart attacks but that would be quite rare in younger people plus steroids cause bad cholesterol aswell i think mate be good to hear of other lads what they know ?

Edited by mC HULL

id worry more about steroids though francie me palsthat  take em i tell them you have high blood pressure some i’ve banged on the machine have had scary high blood pressure and that is a killer mate fluid retention can cause high blood pressure 

weres gnash when you need him ? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id say yes over eating could cause heart disease fatty foods cause bad cholesterol which can cause deposits to form in arteries causing blockages clots etc which will make the heart work harder causing things to enlarge and even heart attacks but that would be quite rare in younger people plus steroids cause bad cholesterol aswell i think mate be good to hear of other lads what they know ?

But you could eat very clean say 7 times a day if your a bodybuilder,it's the multiple times of eating spiliking insulin each time you eat that I'm referring to.

4 minutes ago, Francie said:

But you could eat very clean say 7 times a day if your a bodybuilder,it's the multiple times of eating spiliking insulin each time you eat that I'm referring to.

i don’t know mate i thought insulin problems lead to been a diabetic which can lead to differnet problems like going into a coma etc but diabetes can cause heart disease carriovastular disease aswell so it could 

easy to test for diabetes they just prick your finger mate

Edited by mC HULL
5 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Dehydrating can result in fatalities aswell, the muscles cramping up including the heart, I remember Glenn Ross the strongman mentioning having to walk around in slippers when he was a competitive bodybuilder as he had lost the feeling in his feet

Loss of feeling in the feet can also be a symptom of diabetes. Most type 2 diabetes is cause by a fatty build up around the liver but is still not fully understood as to why. 

9 hours ago, Francie said:

Isnt insulin considered a growth hormone ? so spiking your insulin helps with gains ? 

1 hour ago, steve66 said:

Isnt insulin considered a growth hormone ? so spiking your insulin helps with gains ? 

I'm not sure Steve,I wasn't actually talking about steroids,what I mean is eating say 567 times a day bad for you,because everytime we eat its raising our insulin an apparently that leads to cardiovascular problems.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

Need to let your body breath, 4-5 meals a day is clogging it up 

but hey that’s what the health experts tell you to do ….. ain’t a wonder diseases are through the roof 

Yes scotty,we can't be in a state of autophagy if we're eating many times a day.