Am i to late

If the 're to be soley pets then I would wait until next season young around May but gat to know the breeder and the lad may be taken under his wing and will be able to handle his chosen kits from avery early age. This will help him build confidence in handling the ferets prior to the age of bitting and will ensure he end up with well behaved pets he can pass around his mates and spread the good word.

We have 6 (5+1) ferrets at home and regularly have them in the living room, they can even be trained to a litter tray.

Guest eirnhunter
If the 're to be soley pets then I would wait until next season young around May but gat to know the breeder and the lad may be taken under his wing and will be able to handle his chosen kits from avery early age. This will help him build confidence in handling the ferets prior to the age of bitting and will ensure he end up with well behaved pets he can pass around his mates and spread the good word.

We have 6 (5+1) ferrets at home and regularly have them in the living room, they can even be trained to a litter tray.

have to agree with rogue on this one,better to wait till next season.if the lad is young he will handle a young ferret much easier

you should still be able to buy a couple of young hobs from this years kits, and by now they will have gone past the nippy stage,and be a lot easier to handle. they tend to be very nippy when there young and it can be a bit off putting to someone new to ferrets.i have 27 ferrets at the moment and i had 43 kits this year ,ill get some pics up as soon as i can.