Anyone built something similar?

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

clear resin over the bullet casings?

That's what I'm guessing it is. Would like to do some stuff similar with targets pictures and the like but not sure there to start or if there's anything special you need to do for paper compared to well... Bullets lol

12 minutes ago, antg said:

i did a table top in resin. stuck a paper picture poster of las vegas to table top and poured clear resin over it.

turned out well and was easy enough to do.

Ok so don't have to do anything crazy to make it work ? Sweet. Inherited all my GF's dad's reloading stuff when he passed earlier this year and I've been thinking about taking some of his pictures and stuff and doing them like that. Like a memorial type deal. And all of his presses and stuff mount on that bench.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Ok so don't have to do anything crazy to make it work ? Sweet. Inherited all my GF's dad's reloading stuff when he passed earlier this year and I've been thinking about taking some of his pictures and stuff and doing them like that. Like a memorial type deal. And all of his presses and stuff mount on that bench.

nothing crazy at all. sometimes you can get little air bubbles in the resin when poured. a going over with a heat gun gets the bubbles out.

i suggest a look on youtube as theres loads of vids showing how to do it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Once again mate the answers are on the tube ?

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Anyone ever made a bench like this ? Would like something similar but with pictures

FB_IMG_1667789602409.jpg.44e328af823859889eb4accd4eda91fc.jpg

This table looks to me like it’s just a sheet of glass over the whole lot mate .Those bullets arnt encased in anything .

Like it though ??

Its epoxy resin tables, you get live edge slabs of wood and inside a container big enough to hold the wood your using, you line it with non stick material so that the table releases when cured its then polished up to a glass finish, if youve the workshop to do its pretty straight forward, think the cost of the resin can be pricey too, but id rekon you could take orders and make a good bit of doe on it, maps of local areas or fav fishing lakes or rivers are a good one aswell, or whatever the imagination can fathom, 

• Like 1