Bit of knowledge please

2 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I'm just wondering which flat bands would be best for killing rabbits an if 9mm ammo is big enough for killing rabbits thanks for reading ? 

I use either 0.8 up to 1mm OTT bands and I only shoot 9 - 9.5mm steel and had brilliant success so yes mate there well enough for rabbits pigeon squirrel etc ? 

6 minutes ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

I use either 0.8 up to 1mm OTT bands and I only shoot 9 - 9.5mm steel and had brilliant success so yes mate there well enough for rabbits pigeon squirrel etc ? 

Cheers for info I've both 9 - 9.5. Where's best place for the bands ie quality an best price. I'm only just getting back into the catty world. A remember years ago having the black widow as a kid plus the one with the weights on the bottom to balance the catty that was fun too lol. Back to the bands I'm wanting to buy them already made up ? 

3 minutes ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

There is just a few pics for proof…, 1mm bands 9.5 steel ?

40A810E0-2877-4CCF-9990-F9E452EC2A60.jpeg

05763301-5EF3-4F83-B36F-5148C8C164FE.jpeg

1BCDB3CA-AD07-4116-9611-14C368991991.jpeg

Great pics mate. I'm not bad at hitting the target in garden on the drop box. But soon as a go out an try plink sumat I'm shite lol proper does me that. I'm thinking do i put a few more yards in when shooting target. Because I'm shooting the target at around 20 yards and hitting it fine. But when out I'm wondering if I'm not eyeing in the distance. A might have to keep changing the yard on the drop box so that I can judge it then an get the eye an feel on the bands. It takes time doesn't it lol. A should be okay in about ten years time when am 50 lol

• Like 1

Ye mate I find hitting targets it ok and soon ye come give game a try ye tend to rush the shot more, patience, practice and time is key, it took me a while I still miss now but I’m alot more relaxed taking the shot, just keep at it moving the targets greater distances few weeks u will get there??  a lot of people will go for smaller bands then 1mm that’s just how I like to shoot heavy bands with a nice strong draw.

Edited by Whispering Whiskey 66
  • Thanks 1

hi bud personally I don't use any higher than 0.65 In any brand of elastic unless I'm using snipersling yellow then I use 0.70 all tapered 18-23 using 8.7mm steels. you don't need heavy setups at all for hunting it's all about accuracy and shot placement ??????????? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found these the best bands to date for squirrels and have recently started useing 10mm lead that i seem to be having more success with  

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

3 X GZK YELLOW. 90 TTF/OTT BAND SETS. Double jig tied & perfect repeated knots. Elastic aids, help hold the bands in the optimal position whilst tying. Tied with...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, booboy2 said:

hi bud personally I don't use any higher than 0.65 In any brand of elastic unless I'm using snipersling yellow then I use 0.70 all tapered 18-23 using 8.7mm steels. you don't need heavy setups at all for hunting it's all about accuracy and shot placement ??????????? 

That’s it I ye right it’s not all about heavy setups I just don’t like light bands they don’t agree with me ?each to there own 

32 minutes ago, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

That’s it I ye right it’s not all about heavy setups I just don’t like light bands they don’t agree with me ?each to there own 

that's it bud?????????? .I thought heavy was the way to do it when I first started but found lighter setups benefited my accuracy and consistency which obviously helps put that hot where it needs to be at any distance ??????????

20220923_223412.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221433_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221446_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221315_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221449_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221257_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221301_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221617_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220503-221701_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7

One thing I would say is you points change a bit if your shooting up or down we’re as we tend to put targets at a convenient height, try shooting things high up in trees of down in ditches to get a feel for it as most prey species don’t tend to be at eye level ??

• Like 5