First time out plinking.

So today i went out today with my Catapult in to my local woods, just Plinking away aiming at Trees discarded Tins, i had a lot of Fun seem to be able to shoot adequately with Both hands. I was a Bit Paranoid incase other people saw me and reported me to the local Constabulary, was i doing anthing against the Law. 

20221130_134654.jpg

20221130_134742.jpg

• Like 3

Who the heck sees you in the dark anyway? Get your local knowledge sorted out including where the very few plod are going to be in Blairgowrie. Go for a wander without your Milbro among the many stands of trees around you and without doubt you’ll see the roosts. In daytime go back and you’ll see the birds droppings. They are creatures of habit so it’ll give you a starting point. Jok.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, BEARINATOR said:

If the cops want to be fussy they will charge you for a catapult but most are ok. Try and get some pheasants or pigeons next time you are out 

766F0E62-A7FB-4CE3-8D21-28413ED75B35.jpeg.e3c72f7dc19e4f3edd781dd01452bfdf.jpeg

The beauty of a catapult is how easy it is to conceal it. I pass an off duty copper some mornings on my way out with the dog with a catapult and a pocket full of ammo and always say good morning to him as he walks his dog.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The beauty of a catapult is how easy it is to conceal it. I pass an off duty copper some mornings on my way out with the dog with a catapult and a pocket full of ammo and always say good morning to him as he walks his dog.

True  but the lad asked if he was doing anything wrong, most carry them hidden anyway but I am in with the keepers so allowed a few birds mate 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BEARINATOR said:

True  but the lad asked if he was doing anything wrong, most carry them hidden anyway but I am in with the keepers so allowed a few birds mate 

Probably worded it wrong mate he will get nicked if caught trespassing shooting game with it and no doubt it will come under the collective noun i once saw on one of my summons for trespassing in pursuit of game and coneys with various items and engines. As a poaching tool the catapult is easy concealed about one's person the copper i see would never guess i had a catty in my pocket i dare bet.

• Like 3

I think the Dukes land , around that area is well gamekeepered.  From memory they use the Angus Hotel. Slither in after a shoot and sit as close as you dare to, hopefully get some info. Maybe even need some beaters which would open a door. Just a thought. Jok.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...