Old outdoor/fieldsports pictures

Hunting fishing trapping dog ferrets guns bows old adds whatever dealing with the outdoors. Got some pics from back in the gap drop em. In a few FB groups where this stuff is posted alot so I have plenty but dont let me be the only one ?

FB_IMG_1669670840447.jpg

FB_IMG_1669671067997.jpg

FB_IMG_1669671058283.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

c272904e4240c0f2e42e46e3483ad188.jpg

RXWZLMYIIF7NOJIPFG4OFMY7ZY.jpg

6fe85a5a9aaeb90239f6c7aefa6801b0--pearl-harbor-hunting-guns.jpg

6s8ihizhkphsbr.jpg

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 4

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had this one on my phone for a while. I knew it would come in handy at some point!!

Posted Images

• Wolfdog91 changed the title to Old outdoor/fieldsports pictures
12 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

You fellas gotta have something lol, don't let me be the only one posting here 

education-coexisting-predators-mtn-lion-hunt-irca-1913_.jpg

history_of_american_lion_hunting_1.jpg

big-game-hunters-houndsmen-lee-bros_1_d57cf31e5feda539df8d0f1806434327.jpg

big-game-hunters-houndsmen-lee-bros_1_0605ee03050c1128ca420e495443855c.jpg

old16.jpg

old19.jpg

How

how many mountain lion attacks are there on humans or encounters that lead to injury each year? and what would you presume the cause would be? I’d love to go hunting them with hounds not sure about the end of it was shot out of a tree certainly wouldn’t pay for that part 

I’ve listened to a lot of hunting’s hounds podcasts names probs my wrong and thing you posted it or someone in terrier section and it’s fascinating one man saying bobcat are his favourite due to the hunt the get the tricks they play your blessed across there truly are 

This photo has been posted on social media lately with the mention of Captain Huth putting on the hunt, although he is strangely not in the photo. This hunt is not listed in the records of the Kent and Sussex badger club records, however they did visit the South Herefordshire annually so it's a mystery to me. 

I've also included a map in the comments of the farm which hosted the hunt which was published in 1906 purely for historical interest. 

WESTON-UNDER-PENYARD Jan 30th 1913 
Badger Hunt - Kingstone, the farm occupied by Mr. S. Marfell, was the scene of an exciting and most interesting badger hunt on Friday last, when no less than five full-grown badgers were dug out of one earth and killed in one hour and 20 minutes. Five men were engaged in this hunt, and with the aid of two terriers and the spades, the work was smartly accomplished. There were three sows weighing 26lbs., 24lbs., and 22lbs. respectively, and two dog badgers weighing 23lbs each. There was another badger in the earth, but this had to be abandoned. Some interesting photographs of this somewhat unique incident were taken of these badgers and their captives, by Mr. Wilkens.

D1FF1D75-7299-489D-BC11-4E35912FCE6F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

This photo has been posted on social media lately with the mention of Captain Huth putting on the hunt, although he is strangely not in the photo. This hunt is not listed in the records of the Kent and Sussex badger club records, however they did visit the South Herefordshire annually so it's a mystery to me. 

I've also included a map in the comments of the farm which hosted the hunt which was published in 1906 purely for historical interest. 

Badger Hunt - Kingstone, the farm occupied by Mr. S. Marfell, was the scene of an exciting and most interesting badger hunt on Friday last, when no less than five full-grown badgers were dug out of one earth and killed in one hour and 20 minutes. Five men were engaged in this hunt, and with the aid of two terriers and the spades, the work was smartly accomplished. There were three sows weighing 26lbs., 24lbs., and 22lbs. respectively, and two dog badgers weighing 23lbs each. There was another badger in the earth, but this had to be abandoned. Some interesting photographs of this somewhat unique incident were taken of these badgers and their captives, by Mr. Wilkens.

I’m not a big social media fan but Instagram I find great the pages you follow if you click the search relevant posts come up judged on your previous likes and there’s a good few old pictures from back in the day that are extremely interesting the change in the Great Dane and Kerry blue terrier for me but seen a couple tonight of Great Dane on Instagram that looked a functional working dog lot of ebts down under as well

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

I’m not a big social media fan but Instagram I find great the pages you follow if you click the search relevant posts come up judged on your previous likes and there’s a good few old pictures from back in the day that are extremely interesting the change in the Great Dane and Kerry blue terrier for me but seen a couple tonight of Great Dane on Instagram that looked a functional working dog lot of ebts down under as well

0B05A8E9-92F3-40E3-9D66-E4E06DE68525.jpeg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, saluki bouy said:

how many mountain lion attacks are there on humans or encounters that lead to injury each year? and what would you presume the cause would be? I’d love to go hunting them with hounds not sure about the end of it was shot out of a tree certainly wouldn’t pay for that part 

I’ve listened to a lot of hunting’s hounds podcasts names probs my wrong and thing you posted it or someone in terrier section and it’s fascinating one man saying bobcat are his favourite due to the hunt the get the tricks they play your blessed across there truly are 

That's going to be different state by state bud. Like in my state you'll almost never see a lion. They do migrate though from time to time but dude to the fact most tif the state is so rural it's basically like bigfoot. Believe it or not their the biggest problem I'm more urban areas. Colorado and California subdivisions are where I see the most problems. I'd have to good Google but will say theirs not many attacks and JUST injuries, the way lions hunt and work....well when one decided to attack .... Most people are gonna be dead before they know what happened. Remember there was one loving in a park or something in California, not super rural either and it was hunting joggers on a running trails. Think they found like five people burried by the time they killed it  

And just curious what do you mean about the end part and shooting them out a tree. I'm not knocking you by any means just not sure what you mean. Personally I prefer dispatching an animal like that more then anything. Clean shot and their dead. I've seen some say it's more sporting if you let the dogs do the work... But ,well I've been there a few times and honestly I can't stand seeing a pack of dogs goin in on a critter. I mean honestly in the grand scheme of things the whole one minute or less it would take for them to do the job is still much much quicker then what I see something like a pack of coyotes or wolves do ( legit playing with or watching on a live injured animal hours ).... It still just doesn't sit well with me. Something like a rabbit or rat where it's one grab and a head shake yeah that fine but larger tougher animals...eeeghhh . But again that's just me and I'm kinda a softy lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Wonderful! This is what I'm talking about ! Never seen anything about badger hunting.....digging ?

I will say those things that guy is holding look mighty interesting 

1 hour ago, saluki bouy said:

Not hunting but greyhound race in London early 1920s I screenshotted on Instagram when it caught my interest 

33AC0180-787C-4CE6-A500-C3F58CAA9324.jpeg

Perfect for this thread if you ask me ! Dogs really brought out a crowd back in the gap didn't they ?