Ebt x whippet

1 hour ago, bird said:

dont know regards as a lurcher x, but my brother had 2 males ebt  at different times, and both were thick, compered  to a staff, or apbt, most pitx greys, or lurchers with pit in them, ive found easier to train, my old 1/4 pit 3/4 grey would bring back rabbits etc, but full on for other stuff, i like drop of pit in a lurcher, but Buck  1x gsd x grey  tops the lot, when it comes to brain/ power .

I can only say what my experience is with the cross and on the whole, thick is the best i could describe them as. 

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Put him back over a whippet and be something decent on the foxes. A few first crosses over here hunting pigs but too small imo.

Yeah the 3/4s of whippet in them might give them a bit of fire as most EBTs aint worth a toss

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, downsouth said:

Yeah the 3/4s of whippet in them might give them a bit of fire as most EBTs aint worth a toss

Lol, I've been hunting with a mates pure EB and it bailed a fox but wasn't game enough to grab it. Never seen a whippet here that wouldn't plow into a fox so yeah the gameness from the whippet, also the hunt from the whippet. I am a bit Magoo on whippets though, lol.

On 29/11/2022 at 17:43, Aussie Whip said:

Put him back over a whippet and be something decent on the foxes. A few first crosses over here hunting pigs but too small imo.

Work well in cane if they through to the whippet good ballers can get knocked about if they take to lugging. But plenty make their trade as luggers.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Work well in cane if they through to the whippet good ballers can get knocked about if they take to lugging. But plenty make their trade as luggers.

Steve did you know or know of a bloke at Bilpin years ago who had a line of really big English bull terriers that he used on pigs? He was a little bloke, can't remember his name. I think he got a bad rep for selling a few deaf pups but his dogs were huge. Before pitbulls came on the scene here.

On 30/11/2022 at 20:14, Aussie Whip said:

Steve did you know or know of a bloke at Bilpin years ago who had a line of really big English bull terriers that he used on pigs? He was a little bloke, can't remember his name. I think he got a bad rep for selling a few deaf pups but his dogs were huge. Before pitbulls came on the scene here.

No sorry  mate

• Like 1