Wexford dog attack

11 minutes ago, bird said:

100 %  mate, your right a proper full on apbt, takes  some feckin stopping , ive said on here before we kept  fit line of staffs in the 60s, more like apbts of today  ours were 16 - 19in  40- 55 lb very strong dogs, so well bred pit be in a different league , be more a full on dog, i had bitch 20in 60lb  good temp , but all our bull terriers  were kept outside in kennel/ runs , there not house pets, there  performance animals , like all working dogs.    

Did you work yours mate 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Problem is the adults are just kids themselves, it’s called degeneration we’re each litter just gets thicker and thicker through breeding, parents probably first x Vicky pollard / local kebab dad and

That has to be one of the most retarded things I’ve ever read .    I couldn’t look at a dog again let alone keep another 4 if it killed my mother 

no,  not with people , but we had a big male 19 in 50lb , that once  locked on to a great dane x type thing , this dane thing came charging over to our dog, our dog hit him behind his front leg, by hi

I had staffs,...I worked them in the countryside proper,...I can honestly say I never had a dodgy one,

I kept a good few pits,where humans were concerned,never with any of them have I ever seen any sign of aggression,I might be wrong,and I probably am,but in wondering if it's a new problem,and when I say new,I mean going back 10-20 years...when they were not in the pet market and kept mostly for legitimate strong dog work,I can't recall hearing dog attacks from the bull terrier types...bird,what you reckon,did you ever have any issues with your staffs back in the day

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

I had staffs,...I worked them in the countryside proper,...I can honestly say I never had a dodgy one,

I kept a good few pits,where humans were concerned,never with any of them have I ever seen any sign of aggression,I might be wrong,and I probably am,but in wondering if it's a new 0roblem,and when I say new,I mean going back 10-20 years...when they were not in the pet market and kept mostly for legitimate strong dog work,I can't recall hearing dog attacks from the bull terrier types...bird,what you reckon,did you ever have any issues with your staffs back in the day

Never seen any issues with Staffs…..there was a line of Pit in Dublin after a black dog which would take a grip when they got excited.  We had a dog bred off him…great dog I used to have the job of walking him….used to let him run free in the country….he hunted like fook….was walking him near a river one summers day,  a few travelling boys were swimming…dog was running free….fooker switched on with the splashing and the roars of the boys….belted into the river after them…..I shouted them out of the water…..dog couldn’t get out with the bank at far side….but fook he was in prey mode….I shit myself…would have got murdered at home as I wasn’t to let him off the lead. 

A  lot of the problem with these attacks are bully types…being hussed at lads so they can be used as “threat dogs”.  Not a good combination.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I kept a good few pits,where humans were concerned,never with any of them have I ever seen any sign of aggression,I might be wrong,and I probably am,but in wondering if it's a new problem,and when I say new,I mean going back 10-20 years...when they were not in the pet market and kept mostly for legitimate strong dog work,I can't recall hearing dog attacks from the bull terrier types...bird,what you reckon,did you ever have any issues with your staffs back in the day

Was over the missus house the other weekend and walked her two dogs staff x and chihuahua?  down through to the fields , three youths 16 ish ,one pit ,muzzled on a chain lunging like a c##- at her two ,and his mates were going go on let him off …. He’d rip them to shreds was his reply …. How you can walk round with that and not get gripped ….. especially as a month earlier a sharpei x was hit deliberately by a police car mistaken for one of two loose pits …. I walked out of her front door that time with the dog to be met by a copper with a rifle in his hands ….. mrs said is it ok if he walks the dog ??…me and the copper just  looked at each other ?. It’s alright love she can wait till later ?‍♂️…. 

54 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

We never had any issues with the staffs we kept for work bar one that went to a pet home with a friend as a pup, by 18 months it had bit a couple of people, not badly but enough for the lad to ask us to rehome it so it went to a working home where it got to do what it was bred for and there was never another issue with it getting mouthy with people. 

• Like 3

Horses for courses, No point in buying a race horse to plough a field, Same with dogs some make good pets and some are better off doing what they were bred to do and should be nowhere near the average dog owner never mind the macho twats that walk round with them as some sort of status symbol, 

3 minutes ago, BobDown said:

Pits weren't bred for biting foke, i believe it's when they get in wrong hands things go wrong. Shit dog men 

Neither were most other breeds but most will have a munch if in the wrong hands and some dogs are just cnuts plain and simple. 

Put that recipe in the body and mind of a performance bred pitbull and there's every chance it will lead to a bloodbath. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surely the wrong hands are people who don’t let them do what there bred to same as the dog world all over 

border collies and car tyres my pals got one can only play fetch so long before he’s “overstimulated” and has to stop in my mind he’s broke into his second wind and is ready for a 8 hour shift on the hills like the litter sibling 

spaniels spinning on fecking harnesses classed as over excited by 20 weeks old and never let of retractable lead 

labs are they not or were highest percentage of human aggression in this country police man on here I can mind said that it was labs most likely to nip or bite handler over food at end of exercise than “attack dogs”

Uneducated people who want to post pics on social media for likes are the majority of dog owners now not like what 70 years ago I guess most dogs had a purpose and were owned for that I do know some where owned and bred for showing then money and status but they would have been minority 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive said for years now......the further you breed pit bulls away from " the pit " the more problems you will have.

Further you breed anything away from purpose rather than function the more problems you create 

Texel sheep up here 120,000 a ram farmers going three ways on it to get drained of sperm artificially inseminate all the females kept in a horse stable treated like 120,000 should be few generations downs how will his offspring know how to walk never mind chew the cud and they already have to get c sections due to lambs heads being so big because that’s what judges want 

great documentary on prime about showing chickens one in America and one in New Zealand shows how committed and fanatical about breeding to the stated breed standard these people are and in three hours not once is function or purpose mentioned regardless of bred same with dogs sheep horses pigeons the golden example for me is the show greyhound racing greyhound and coursing greyhound that covers the extremities is wrong word because to are bred to that type for purpose but the difference in a goal with same breed 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, jigsaw said:

no,  not with people , but we had a big male 19 in 50lb , that once  locked on to a great dane x type thing , this dane thing came charging over to our dog, our dog hit him behind his front leg, by his chest,  my old man new how brake him off, he always had  small type stick with him, even in our garden . this was about 1962 , i was 10 year old then , but once you seen what these type dogs can do in few seconds , that dane leg was a mess , so a small child got no chance , even full grown man would be in trouble  the speed/ power , and grit in them  you be fooked,  like been said over and over again in the wrong hands the dangerous  dog, simple as that .

• Like 6