Non-lead bullets.

I was thinking of changing my 308 for a 243 or possibly a 25-06 but a mate suggested once lead is banned, getting deer-legal weight bullets for a 308 would be a lot easier than finding 243 offerings in 100gr plus.

I haven't even looked at the lead free alternatives yet.

Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

I was thinking of changing my 308 for a 243 or possibly a 25-06 but a mate suggested once lead is banned, getting deer-legal weight bullets for a 308 would be a lot easier than finding 243 offerings in 100gr plus.

I haven't even looked at the lead free alternatives yet.

Any thoughts?

Get a 22 air rifle take a Elephant down at 4 miles 

I’ve done the opposite mate  .Bought a 30-06 to shoot copper .Used a .243 for years but until they produce a deer legal bullet I’ll stick to the 30-06 .Apparently there’s a race to produce stable deer legal stuff in .243 as most the country own one .

10 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I’ve done the opposite mate  .Bought a 30-06 to shoot copper .Used a .243 for years but until they produce a deer legal bullet I’ll stick to the 30-06 .Apparently there’s a race to produce stable deer legal stuff in .243 as most the country own one .

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the 308 for the time being. ?

16 hours ago, foxdropper said:

.243 lead free bullets are already available mate from 55grn to eighty and 90 grn. 

.243 works fine on large deer , it has been used since the 60s on large deer like the North American Elk so no need to change.

In England just use the eighty or ninety grain which is fine.

In Scotland at the moment there is consultation to reduce the minimum legal requirement of 100 grn for large deer .

I will continue to use lead until the day that it is not legal....whenever that may be.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

.243 lead free bullets are already available mate from 55grn to eighty and 90 grn. 

.243 works fine on large deer , it has been used since the 60s on large deer like the North American Elk so no need to change.

In England just use the eighty or ninety grain which is fine.

In Scotland at the moment there is consultation to reduce the minimum legal requirement of 100 grn for large deer .

I will continue to use lead until the day that it is not legal....whenever that may be.

Agree all that but I wanted another gun end of ????

• Like 1