98 and 99

On a mates shoot last night .Shitty weather but better than watching “I’m a poof get me out of here “.

The thermal image was shite so didn’t hold out much hope for the pard add on either but we trudged on like the troopers we are .

Into a large field full of fallow and hares and I saw something lead flat right out in the middle .The thermal was almost a white out so as the wind was good we walked in to as close as poss to Id it .On sticks ,pard on and yep it’s a fox fast asleep? 
The image was too poor to video but good enough to shoot so with a neck shot ,it never moved .

A big old dog fox that would probably tip the 20 mark .

D98EC836-5738-490D-A742-A51F1163E49E.jpeg.7cf8e295f8374926f965aaa6b1477b68.jpeg
All dead gear here is incinerated so keeper had to drag it a good mile to the truck ?

Onto the other end of the estate  now and pulling up by some stables there was a fox only 50m away eating horse shit it appeared ?

I thought no way was it staying while I got the gear out but it did and paid the price .

FC6F71CC-BD34-4A11-A115-CC26DC8DE8BE.jpeg.5c8fd564301d0b7b130fc0fd35f397b4.jpeg

Another heavy dog fox and number 99 for me this year .

3A0C9B28-646A-4E04-AE96-1B7D839468F1.jpeg.177c56484dc4d1176ff0f8f0f93059ee.jpeg

• Like 5

Different ball game here mate .Farmer has already said there’s another on the chicken farm .I’m sure he’d build me a house overlooking the sheds if I asked .Cheeky fecker wants a deer butchered at my expense for Xmas .I ll do it just to keep the perm as there’s always lads asking for it .After my attempt at butchery he won’t ask again ?

Used to get paid to do it on the same ground years back but now an unpaid chicken ranger .

Still ,mustn’t grumble .

9 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I wouldn't grumble mate sounds like a cracking permission .

Small gesture to butcher a deer I wouldn't think twice.

I am hopeful tonight of getting a couple, 1 is on my mates trailcam regularly ?

Your right mate .Just wish there was a market for roe at moment .Literally got 30-40 does to shoot as they are out of hand .Nobody wanted them for years so I havnt bothered culling really but landowners now moaning .Anybody know an outlet in Wiltshire ?

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Your right mate .Just wish there was a market for roe at moment .Literally got 30-40 does to shoot as they are out of hand .Nobody wanted them for years so I havnt bothered culling really but landowners now moaning .Anybody know an outlet in Wiltshire ?

I know mate , last 3 I have shot have given away and the rest are dog food.

Let me know when you are culling at end of season and I will give you a hand ?

8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

At this time of year the game dealers are picking up from shoots all over the country. Lincolnshire game used to pick up from Brimps , I think they still do . Have a ring around the likes of Willow and see if they are picking up near you . 
         Alternatively Roger Hicks at Whelford near Fairford , only the other side of Swindon from you . I can PM you his number if you want . 

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Is that Blunsden mate .He’s paying 40p a pound for  roe so that roughly 16 notes per decent sized doe .They can live another year for that shit mate .Try get the number from Brimpsfield for the travelling dealer please John .

Roger isn’t at Blunsden , he’s near Fairford . I’m at Brimpsfield tomorrow, I will get some numbers. ?