Blast from the past

Have to admit, This is a copy and paste job but thought it was interesting.

The badger digging club, January 1913, Captain Huth brought his pack of terriers [my grandfather’s side of the family were farmers outside Horsham in fact one of them owned the land that Piltdown Man was supposedly found on] they are proud to display their catch of the day, it was 12 but only 5 displayed here, image from the Gazette, you cannot change history, you can try and blank it out but in 1911 and centuries before, badgers, foxes crows took food you could ill afford to lose otherwise the family went hungry, we live in a soft world, in the 1960’s I remember as a child shivering with hunger not a nice place to be, no benefits to claim back then……… anyway the badgers were shot and not baited…..

316681377_1268845467300133_6740884931143055667_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Wideboy said:

Clean dog and clean clothes on the men digging. I wonder why this was posted? Years ago I put up a video of dogs killing a wolf in a country where it was legal but it was removed by mods. Not sure why this was posted. I wonder if there’s more to the word “bait”? 

Good catch.  Are you suggesting federal operative or something ?  Is the last line a veiled threat directed at someone/something?? 

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, dillydog said:

Why use the emotive label "baited" , baited is a funny label to use when they were dug using terriers legally as it should be. 

I hear the word ‘bait ‘ used alot

when what they actually mean is ‘bay’

two completely different meanings 

ATB Tony

6 hours ago, allenaddams said:

Good catch.  Are you suggesting federal operative or something ?  Is the last line a veiled threat directed at someone/something?? 

You couldn't of outed yourself anymore, I'd say "nice try" but it wasn't was it

• Haha 1