Bull spaniel

C.green

The one ive got is decent. Really like her shes done some unbelievable stuff in a short time. Whether there all like that i dont know. And to get some more do ya just try n repeat the breeding or stick sommat to her ?

Edited by C.green
  • Thanks 1
On 20/11/2022 at 15:16, C.green said:

Yeah she first x. I know who bred bosuns had a chat with him i think theres only bitches in that litter

My mate bred them , There was one dog in litter seen it work and it it had very little spaniel attributes about it , basically a full bull with big ears , was a c**t round live stock aswell had hold sheep lol , litter bitches all seemed to make similar size shape etc  but the dog was huge , dont think there many litter of that type bred , probably better putting that black and tan terrier of yours to it or like you say try do a first cross litter yourself , a mate mine sent me couple videos the other day with a white terrier doing some decent stuff bushing and on the lamp ,  ( well what was seen on video anyway ) but to me didn't look like a full terrier had a long muzzle on it and that ebt look about it , was faster than a terrier , mute aswell while chasing quarry but I'm sure it was a bitch will have look  see if still got the vids see if it dog or bitch 

2 hours ago, Elchapo said:

My mate bred them , There was one dog in litter seen it work and it it had very little spaniel attributes about it , basically a full bull with big ears , was a c**t round live stock aswell had hold sheep lol , litter bitches all seemed to make similar size shape etc  but the dog was huge , dont think there many litter of that type bred , probably better putting that black and tan terrier of yours to it or like you say try do a first cross litter yourself , a mate mine sent me couple videos the other day with a white terrier doing some decent stuff bushing and on the lamp ,  ( well what was seen on video anyway ) but to me didn't look like a full terrier had a long muzzle on it and that ebt look about it , was faster than a terrier , mute aswell while chasing quarry but I'm sure it was a bitch will have look  see if still got the vids see if it dog or bitch 

That was my bull spaniel ya seen i been speaking to your mate who done the litter. She aint mute either shell get a good yap on but only when shes tight to stuff. Im thinking small pointer to her to add abit of coat tbh. The black n tan dog n hes family are good at what there for but different animals in fairness

14 minutes ago, C.green said:

That was my bull spaniel ya seen i been speaking to your mate who done the litter. She aint mute either shell get a good yap on but only when shes tight to stuff. Im thinking small pointer to her to add abit of coat tbh. The black n tan dog n hes family are good at what there for but different animals in fairness

She looked a handy bitch mate fair play , was the bull blood ebt , she looked long in the face on the vid but vids can be deceiving,  she's looks like she got a fair turn of speed ro her too , a wee handy bitch you got there,if you go for a pointer there some decent lines of small solid pointers in uk that won't  mess around when it comes to teeth , but coats can vary a bit , I have pointer here seen couple out the litter but coats vary mines long in coat but not very thick , but seen pup from same mating and it's coat was short but thick , Moorman1 of here got a decent bred strong black pointer dog 

Yeah shes bull terrier x not something idve have done or thought to do but shes producing the goods as youve seen. Thats the thing with pointers there so varied seen some monsters and some smalluns seen some look like they carry bull already. Might be a case of putting the father back to a gundog of some sort yet as ill be very surprised if this bitch produces herself she just seems like one of those dogs.

9 minutes ago, C.green said:

Yeah shes bull terrier x not something idve have done or thought to do but shes producing the goods as youve seen. Thats the thing with pointers there so varied seen some monsters and some smalluns seen some look like they carry bull already. Might be a case of putting the father back to a gundog of some sort yet as ill be very surprised if this bitch produces herself she just seems like one of those dogs.

Yea she looks handy mate ,and as u say maybe a one off kinda dog but unless you try you'll never know , as with the pointers yes they vary a bit and with it been half pointer they might end up alittle to big for what your after , you could alway chuck a Wheaton over her for the coat and end up with a dog aggressive mess lol 

1 hour ago, Lupkes said:

What advantages or extras does this cross bring over a pure spaniel, don't they have enough drive?

I own a spaniel ans have owned a couple of spaniels , a spaniel hunts completely diffrent than a terrier spaniel,  a spaniel will work all day and flush stuff ro you , for you , add terrier to the mix and you have a dog that actively wants to kill what it's hunting , so hunts diffrent than a spaniel , plus most bushing lads don't want there spaniel quartering the field on days out , i don't think for bushing you can beat a terrier but terriers are c**ts for the most part drop in and ignore you , adding spaniel gives them that little bit more trainable 

• Like 6