World Cup Thread 2022

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Its the same surely?

If you little toe is touching the line your out/try

If the edge of the ball is over the line its still in... 

Rugby has had VAR for ages and it works well, but rugby is more start/stop than football... for me VAR is over used... its stopping the flow, goal line tech is good as its instant...

There is no real argument on this though, the whole of the ball is not out.... but the Germans are... ????

no its not the same mate....if the try is touching the line you get the points...if the ball in football is on the line you don't get the goal/ points....

touches the sideline it's out in rugby it's in for football

• Like 2

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your eyes must be f****d Ray...lol It came down to a missed penalty, we were the better side for large parts, most of these lads are under 25 and boys like Bellingham are playing like sea

I agree entirely, mate ? England took the knee against the USA, but they didn't ! Isn't the USA where all that nonsense started ? Then the sight of a team representing England kneeling in fr

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

no its not the same mate....if the try is touching the line you get the points...if the ball in football is on the line you don't get the goal/ points....

touches the sideline it's out in rugby it's in for football

Sorry mate 

I meant the tech is used in the same way, so the line is the deciding factor, in or out, and if the tech shows a ball or foot over the line or on the line (no matter how small a margin) then that dictates the decision...there is no grey area really...

I really don't like the offside rules in football, a finger in front of a player and your offside...but... it is exactly to the rules and the tech can prove it... for me its taking something from the game 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Sorry mate 

I meant the tech is used in the same way, so the line is the deciding factor, in or out, and if the tech shows a ball or foot over the line or on the line (no matter how small a margin) then that dictates the decision...there is no grey area really...

I really don't like the offside rules in football, a finger in front of a player and your offside...but... it is exactly to the rules and the tech can prove it... for me its taking something from the game 

Now come on get it right....you cant score a goal with your finger so no you're not offside.

I think....is it ? i dont know im f****n lost with it all ?

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s a good job they never had VAR when Pippo Inzaghi was playing, he’d have never have been on-side never mind off side ! Lol 

What would you think about the pros/cons to a game with no offside rule at all ?

Personally i think it would be great in an experimental way for a few seasons a bit like VAR itself it would throw up tons of new tactical scenarios i mean if they're going to experiment with the game then try things out for future generations.

17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What would you think about the pros/cons to a game with no offside rule at all ?

Personally i think it would be great in an experimental way for a few seasons a bit like VAR itself it would throw up tons of new tactical scenarios i mean if they're going to experiment with the game then try things out for future generations.

I personally think it would be rubbish mate, it would actually kill the attacking element imho 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I personally think it would be rubbish mate, it would actually kill the attacking element imho 

Why ?.....it would stretch the game to every area of the pitch......a players runs would have to be checked,a defender could no longer just say " oh f**k him he's run himself offside forget him "........i think it would really open the game up and be a massive test of fitness.

• Haha 1

Gentleman. I was not ‘defending the Hun’ as was so eloquently put. Merely asking a  question which still nags at me. I can see both sides of the divide but seriously doubt the outcome. You are saying, I think, that the goalkeeper, who’s feet are planted in goal whilst holding the ball, only has to stretch his arms in front of the goal line to make it admissible. There is no logic to this imo. Jok.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Why ?.....it would stretch the game to every area of the pitch......a players runs would have to be checked,a defender could no longer just say " oh f**k him he's run himself offside forget him "........i think it would really open the game up and be a massive test of fitness.

All possible mate of course, but equally as possible is that you get either:

4 defenders just sitting in their own box marking a couple of strikers while 8 players have a kick about in the middle ?

or

Its a kids playground free for all with everyone running around like headless chickens ?

I don’t know is the answer but I’m a mind of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” which is pretty much what we are seeing play out with all this VAR nonsense imho……it was fine before, warts and all.

jmho mate 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jok said:

Gentleman. I was not ‘defending the Hun’ as was so eloquently put. Merely asking a  question which still nags at me. I can see both sides of the divide but seriously doubt the outcome. You are saying, I think, that the goalkeeper, who’s feet are planted in goal whilst holding the ball, only has to stretch his arms in front of the goal line to make it admissible. There is no logic to this imo. Jok.

Jok mate, you're beating this to death ?

If the 'keepers whole body apart from the hand holding the ball is lying prone in the goal behind the line, but his hand and the ball are in front of or not fully across the line......it's not a goal, honestly.

The whole of the ball has to cross the whole of the line, irrespective of where the goolkeepers body is.....simple as that ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Don’t know why we are talking about it, f**k em, they got away with it when Frank Lampard scored a beauty that clearly crossed the line but wasn’t given now they can have a taste…..sausage eating c**ts ! Lol 

This is exactly the sort of racial stereotyping that people find offensive... FYI not all of the c**ts eat sausages.

• Haha 1