World Cup Thread 2022

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Bad backgrounds , delle Ali ?? Kevin de Bruyne? Wayne Rooney ? Rafael van der vart? 

absolute nonsense again 

the neville’s lampard schmeichael klivert harland just a few who got the help they needed 

the odd one will come from a bad area granted 

they all love to give it the im from the rough area ? 

like tommy coyle the boxer he played football for city with me nephew good little player but left to do the boxing 

gives it the im from a council estate rough etc when in reality he went to a school on the estate but lived outside descent nice area got out he wanted 

little brother plays for leeds now 

• Like 1

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your eyes must be f****d Ray...lol It came down to a missed penalty, we were the better side for large parts, most of these lads are under 25 and boys like Bellingham are playing like sea

I agree entirely, mate ? England took the knee against the USA, but they didn't ! Isn't the USA where all that nonsense started ? Then the sight of a team representing England kneeling in fr

Posted Images

5 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That in Italy ?? 

Head first in You went son

come on now we’ve all seen your comments on Fitbaw on the other thread …. You could write what you know about Fitbaw on the back of a postage stamp with a permanent marker ffs ??

Edited by scotty12
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

the neville’s lampard schmeichael klivert harland just a few who got the help they needed 

like tommy coyle the boxer he played football for city with me nephew good little player but left to do the boxing 

gives it the im from a council estate rough etc when in reality he went to a school on the estate but lived outside descent nice area got out he wanted 

Football players will come from all sorts of backgrounds but you said they were all spoiled rich kids and that’s just a massively silly statement to make, fact is, they are like anyone else who has made a few quid off their own back, talent and hard work. 

However the figures don’t lie and 14% of top flight players in the EPL are from and absolute piss hole of an area. 
It used to be the north east and again, you’d hardly call those working class areas places where kids are born with a silver spoon in their mouth would you ? 

It’s a silly back page of the current bun reader thing to say mate. 

Like, if we gave you £500,000 a week I dare say you’d struggle to walk to the garden gate never mind put a hatrick past Terstagen ! Lol ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, scotty12 said:

Head first in You went son

come on now we’ve all seen your comments on Fitbaw on the other thread …. You could write what you know about Fitbaw on the back of a postage stamp with a permanent marker ffs ??

oh can ya aye??? 

?????? Italy lol ….what a gonk 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

there's loads mc that have made good from estates and what about  theses foreign players that  have lived a young life were murder drugs ect is the normal every day life as a example martinelle from arsenal I once walked over a dead body in Brazil to play a game 

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Football players will come from all sorts of backgrounds but you said they were all spoiled rich kids and that’s just a massively silly statement to make, fact is, they are like anyone else who has made a few quid off their own back, talent and hard work. 

However the figures don’t lie and 14% of top flight players in the EPL are from and absolute piss hole of an area. 
It used to be the north east and again, you’d hardly call those working class areas places where kids are born with a silver spoon in their mouth would you ? 

It’s a silly back page of the current bun reader thing to say mate. 

Like, if we gave you £500,000 a week I dare say you’d struggle to walk to the garden gate never mind put a hatrick past Terstagen ! Lol ? 

i recon a game of heads and volleys i would absolutely show you up mate you’d think you was playing with ronaldo 

the brazilian one ? 

look similar aswell ? image.jpeg.71fa2643ec97eb1202fc38f94c0080cc.jpeg

Edited by mC HULL
On 26/11/2022 at 09:21, WILF said:

I don’t think we can take too much away from the USA either mate, they were well drilled, well disciplined and hard working last night.

They kept their shape brilliantly and were always there to put a foot in and spoil…..imho sometimes that is all you have to do, you don’t go and try and outplay better opponents at their own game, you find ways to f**k up their game and hope you nick one……I think the USA showed that principal off to a tee last night.

They moved the ball faster in possession, were much better and quicker in the attacking transition and gritty in a mid field where a lad of 19 showed the world that he is still only 19 and plays his football in a shit league, despite all the hype and Iran making him look amazing.

I think McGuire did well last night and grew into the game a bit as it progressed, considering how much shit that lad has taken this season…..I’m still concerned about the body shape he adopts sometimes when players are running at him from the right hand side, he shapes them out towards the touch line but he is quiet flat and you always get a feeling he will get left for dead flat footed if they cut inside left……however, overall I thought he had a pretty solid, workmanlike game. 
I still think our back line would be in deep shit against France with Dembele and Mbappe, I think they would run us ragged.

But over the last few comps Southgate has got his team to grow into the competition so I don’t think we can call it yet, I think Southgate does great work on his squads heads from what I can see if it.

I agree about McGuire,personally i think he's been our best player over the 2 games.

• Like 1
On 25/11/2022 at 18:58, paulus said:

Just said on the TV England have never beaten the USA in a World Cup 

It was bugging me so i looked it up we have beaten them 8 times but never in a competitive match.....every one of them 8 games was a friendly.............and we still havent beaten them !

• Like 1
On 27/11/2022 at 00:04, mC HULL said:

i recon a game of heads and volleys i would absolutely show you up mate you’d think you was playing with ronaldo 

the brazilian one ? 

look similar aswell ? image.jpeg.71fa2643ec97eb1202fc38f94c0080cc.jpeg

When you are the greatest player in the history of the game, you can look however you f***ing want in retirement ! Lol ? 

• Haha 2