World Cup Thread 2022

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your eyes must be f****d Ray...lol It came down to a missed penalty, we were the better side for large parts, most of these lads are under 25 and boys like Bellingham are playing like sea

I agree entirely, mate ? England took the knee against the USA, but they didn't ! Isn't the USA where all that nonsense started ? Then the sight of a team representing England kneeling in fr

Posted Images

Useless Geordies canna even work a TV remote. Put me in mind of watching Scotland v Italy in a Euros play off in a boozer where the projector screen collapsed mid-way through the first half…, thought there was going to be a riot…, when they put it back up ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Useless Geordies canna even work a TV remote. Put me in mind of watching Scotland v Italy in a Euros play off in a boozer where the projector screen collapsed mid-way through the first half…, thought there was going to be a riot…, when they put it back up ?

Last week, watching the Ecuador match and during that first goal that was disallowed… the fuucking TV froze ?I thought the bar was about to be torn apart by Latin American munchkins ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Then go and ask them some stuff mate, then you wouldn’t sound like a total bellend ?

nearly a bite ? 

wilf mate i been there seen it with my eyes 

they very rarely touch kids from bad backgrounds there are exceptions but it’s rare 

out of thousand s a lads maybe one will make it 

you have academy years maybe one from a full squad will get to play a game for the club they have been at since baines me sisters lad was at city from 7 never made it only one did from his  team and he’s the captain of leeds now 

only one made it out the lads i played with got a to play for city the into lower league 

me cousins lad was there threw the academy few years first team football now in lower league 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Sold Chris his first bike !

what age did you start playing football wilf ? 30 

i can see it now your one a them parents with a bit a cash i bet your type to sponsor buy kit buy juice for the water  etc for your lads team while stood on the sideline thinking your sir alex fergusson ? i’ve seen loads like it ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

nearly a bite ? 

wilf mate i been there seen it with my eyes 

they very rarely touch kids from bad backgrounds there are exceptions but it’s rare 

out of thousand s a lads maybe one will make it 

you have academy years maybe one from a full squad will get to play a game for the club they have been at since baines me sisters lad was at city from 7 never made it only one did from his  team and he’s the captain of leeds now 

only one made it out the lads i played with got a to play for city the into lower league 

me cousins lad was there threw the academy few years first team football now in lower league 

Yes, I know all that……are you angling to be the new Max ? Lol ? 

• Haha 1

I am thoroughly enjoying this winter World Cup. Not just the games but the fact that it is being played in winter. I thought it was a bloody stupid idea but have been proved wrong. Major football finals are really the only time that I get together with old friends, other than at funerals these days. I had also saved some annual leave just for the tournament. Of course the same would have happened if the finals had been held in the summer, but it just seems more of a treat in November, almost a bit naughty.

Another bonus is that to date the rest of the country do not appear to have embraced it in they that they usually do. That means no silly waiting times for taxis or pubs expecting you to buy a ticket for entry and book in advance. I hope that will soon change though as that would mean England have advanced, despite the piss poor show last night.

Edited by eastcoast
missed a word out