World Cup Thread 2022

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your eyes must be f****d Ray...lol It came down to a missed penalty, we were the better side for large parts, most of these lads are under 25 and boys like Bellingham are playing like sea

I agree entirely, mate ? England took the knee against the USA, but they didn't ! Isn't the USA where all that nonsense started ? Then the sight of a team representing England kneeling in fr

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Arseholes 

Done for the last 2 plus years with the full backing of 15 + million people a week domestically and probably 50 million globally…..they are only doing what people are happy with.

13 minutes ago, WILF said:

Most footballers are lads off the plot who grew up knowing a lot more about the gritty realities of life than most people, however they found a way out and have played football since between the ages of 10 and 17 and so have been removed from that…..the money just gos with top level sport and in world terms isn’t actually that much compared to pro basketball, baseball or NFL players.

If some lad who grew up on some piss hole council estate in east or south London playing football in the cages or the pits has got himself to the point where he is copping £100,000 a week then good luck to him, I fully applaud him. 
Lads like Antonio who didn’t come up via the “picked up by a big club at 10” route and spent countless evenings a week dragging himself down to Mitcham at his own expense and believing and working to get to the top level……more power to their elbow I say.

most lads who are footballers grew up on the plot ? very slim minority ? you come out with some corkers wilf 

Just now, mC HULL said:

most lads who are footballers grew up on the plot ? very slim minority ? you come out with some corkers wilf 

Don’t take my word for it, look up the areas that produce the most top flight players in England ?

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t take my word for it, look up the areas that produce the most top flight players in England ?

it will most likely be the most populated area what’s that got to do with them coming from a good background ?

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

it will most likely be the most populated area what’s that got to do with them coming from a good background ?

Don’t get out much do you mate ?……but hard to see the council estates of Wandsworth and Lambeth from under that bed I suppose ! Lol 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mackem said:
WWW.SPORTBIBLE.COM

He sported the watch ahead of their World Cup opener against Iran on Monday.

His money, he can do what he likes with it…..I don’t suppose he even thought about a watch of any description when he was a little fat b*****d who nobody thought would make it 15 years ago ! Lol ? 

42 minutes ago, WILF said:

Done for the last 2 plus years with the full backing of 15 + million people a week domestically and probably 50 million globally…..they are only doing what people are happy with.

I’m not happy with it and nor are any European country’s Hence the boos they receive weekly. 

I thought it had all stopped anyway ? 
must just be to make up for not being able to praise the benders 

10 minutes ago, mackem said:
WWW.SPORTBIBLE.COM

He sported the watch ahead of their World Cup opener against Iran on Monday.

325k a week and he buys that  ? atleast get the AP 

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I’m not happy with it and nor are any European country’s Hence the boos they receive weekly. 

I thought it had all stopped anyway ? 
must just be to make up for not being able to praise the benders 

You can’t play crowd noise over an empty stadium, it will still be empty for all the world to see……but as I said, I had this conversation and was very much in a minority of 1 mate, so that’s all there is to say about it really.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

His money, he can do what he likes with it…..I don’t suppose he even thought about a watch of any description when he was a little fat b*****d who nobody thought would make it 15 years ago ! Lol ? 

another grew up in a single parent household in a council house wilf ? 

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

His money, he can do what he likes with it….

At least you didn't slate the news source this time ? it's not about his cash, anyone can do whatever they want with what they earn ? it's him thinking he is clever wearing a rainbow watch after the gay armband ban, that's why the media are picking up on it. 

• Like 2