Mark Potter RIP

26 minutes ago, Pitkin said:

A shame, decent fighter in his heyday, will always remember the night he got knocked out by Danny Williams with his left after his right shoulder was dislocated.

I remember watching that. Stunning end to a fight. 
No age that to die though, sad.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutting Marks's been a pal for years i only spent the afternoon with him a few weeks ago he was in good spirits all things considered.....18 months he was given and he lasted 8.....really choked.....he was a proper mans man,hard as nails but had a good heart and was a loyal,nice person....maybe its true what they say " The brightest lights shine for the shortest time ".....he'll get an immaculately observed 10 bells salute at the 02 on Saturday thats for sure as he was well liked in the community.....may he Rest in Peace.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Absolutely gutting Marks's been a pal for years i only spent the afternoon with him a few weeks ago he was in good spirits all things considered.....18 months he was given and he lasted 8.....really choked.....he was a proper mans man,hard as nails but had a good heart and was a loyal,nice person....maybe its true what they say " The brightest lights shine for the shortest time ".....he'll get an immaculately observed 10 bells salute at the 02 on Saturday thats for sure as he was well liked in the community.....may he Rest in Peace.

I didn’t make the connection at the time, but he was the guy that got in the ring with the lad with Downs syndrome. From what I seen he put on a great show and gave the lad the night of his life. Remember some people knocking him at the time for patronising the lad, but I didn’t see it like that at all. Just a good heart as you said. RIP

• Like 7
3 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

I didn’t make the connection at the time, but he was the guy that got in the ring with the lad with Downs syndrome. From what I seen he put on a great show and gave the lad the night of his life. Remember some people knocking him at the time for patronising the lad, but I didn’t see it like that at all. Just a good heart as you said. RIP

Thats it mate Mark was a gym junkie any excuse to be in the gym he did a lot of charity stuff even down to charity walks with his 2 ridiculous little balls of fluff he called dogs its what makes it so gutting he was such a clean living lad right up till the end....but that horrible b*****d of a disease takes no prisoners.

Also just for some folk who might not know i see the Danny Williams fight mentioned above and i,ll defend Mark to the last he only had 5 days notice for that fight,he was actually sparring partner for Williams first opponent but he pulled out and just out of desperation not to cancel Frank Maloney offered Mark i think it was something like 15k which was his best purse to date,and for a British title.....so for anyone giving it all the " couldnt beat a bloke with 1 arm ".....there was more to it than that.....besides which Danny was a top level fighter in his own right there was no disgrace losing to him that night.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

f**k me , what a night for the kid to remember forever . Jesus , proper choked up … 

• Like 1