Kidney transplant

Just now, mushroom said:

Just reading some poor bloke was given a cancerous kidney by mistake and died. Good to hear happy stories rather than the bad.

Hope your mates make a full recover ?

Oi, f***ing up the nice stories is my job ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Just reading some poor bloke was given a cancerous kidney by mistake and died. Good to hear happy stories rather than the bad.

Hope your mates make a full recovery ?

Mrs just read out the story, and said about my mate in the conversation... thats what made me put it up mate

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Makes you wonder what you'd do in these dire situations. Both my children died in my arms from cancer......I'd have given my life gladly to save them,  I've had a great life and am quite old, but sadly it doesn't work that way.

Cheers.

Sorry for your loss charts but you must be a strong person as your wife must be I can't think how hard it was not just losing one but two children my condolences

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Makes you wonder what you'd do in these dire situations. Both my children died in my arms from cancer......I'd have given my life gladly to save them,  I've had a great life and am quite old, but sadly it doesn't work that way.

Cheers.

Charts mate thats so sad mate nobody should have to hold your kid and watch them die. My heart go out to you mate.

Atb.

Arry

• Like 6
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Unfortunately it doesn’t mate. We are the ones who carry on!

11 hours ago, NEWKID said:

In these times of doom and gloom I had a real nice bit of news the other day...

A friend of mine donated his kidney to one of his best mates, they'd played in a band together as teenagers (the lad he donated to actually got to the finals of the voice)... 

I spoke with him last week, he was sore but in good spirits...

I know everyone is a tough man etc blah... but to me that is a huge thing to do, real show of courage..to put yourself under the knife for a friend is massive...imo

Hes a good lad anyway, but showed a real bit of class with this one

Now that is a real friend and just about ultimate gift.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 3
12 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Charts, thats awful mate, f**k me terrible situation.. as you say you'd do anything for your kids, can't even imagine it mate.. 

To do what my mate did for a friend is quite amazing as you wouldn't miss a heartbeat in your decision for you kids, but it must've been a hard decision for him and his Mrs to put him at risk, he has 2 kids as well to think about... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Now that is a real friend and just about ultimate gift.

Cheers Arry 

Yeah it is mate..

I've known the lad since he was a kid, we played in a band together a few years back as well, he's a really nice lad...

I just thought about how hard it must've been to make the decision... shows us that there's still decent people about though.