Officially in a Recession

12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I work in a courier delivery warehouse and for the time of year it's the quietest i have seen it the 8 year's i have been their . I am fortunate that the wife works in care and we both get small pensions from previous employment and it wont be as devastating to us like it will to younger working class couples who i think it will be a wake up call to some about debt and borrowing.

Can say the same thing at our warehouse, no overtime , cancelling agency workers , internet pickers have dropped on to one shift . Never known it , makes me scarred to think what next year will bring 

Strangely enough Tats my mrs also works in care  

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We would start 4 keen young lads tomorrow if we could get them, most of the youth today are work shy fcukwits.  Sounds horrible but it's the truth. 

We Bought a burger van few weeks back and did a complete refit,all brand-new kit-just put the Mrs out to work in it this week. averaging 200/250 a day on the  first week...fingers crossed it keeps bui

In 1980 had my own groundwork's business I was doing really well when it all went tits up will a recession thanks to Thatcher. Well the company I had a contract with wanted to cut my prices by 20% as

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Have to be honest an say best thing I did was go solo, wages were okay but blatantly weren’t rising fast enough with my bills an stuff, now I got very little over heads and a will to make money, iv noticed a diff the past few months with customers moaning about money ( not at my prices, as soon as somebody moans about my prices I walk, they usually the fcukers who don’t pay) and also the fact that a good few of my customers have let in they have had to let the gardener go, i i fcuking  wish haha but it’s deffo having a knock on effect, I don’t mind tbh as I’m willing to do what I have to do to get what I want/need. My days if making others money are over, for first time in me life I being a selfish Cnut am reaping the rewards, I still look after my customers, cos ultimately it’s them that will look after me ?

Whats your job if you dont mind me asking? I always thought you were a farmer 

14 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Recessions will always crop up from time to time. Slows the borrowers down. Literally everything you can buy on monthly now. It seems crazy that if you take out a monthly payment on a washing machine for example you will pay more than the richer man who buys it outright. I do believe this borrowing money trend will get a lot people in trouble

Always been that way.

My old man told me, YEARS AGO, never have a credit card, and save up for what you want.

He was dead right.

I owe NOTHING to ANYONE

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 7
10 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Until just before lockdown I had a joinery  shop attached to the office making sash windows ,brace and ledger doors etc but so glad I ditched that and now outsource it .I could see the money literally floating out the door .

I too had a lad on that wanted subs into next month .I know pay his rent by standing order ,taxable and no subs whatsoever .

Hes docked at source for the rent ..I’m amazed what the hell he spends it on because he has no other half nor hobbies .Might be hookers and beer I guess .

For my part and my business I now have office people working at home 3 days a week and Saturday morns .

we are booked well into next June with extensions and local authority work which I detest but pays the bills .

Too many hoops to jump through for my liking just to please some jumped up twat that’s never picked up a tool .

I think some people are just so bad managing money. I have a step brother, lazy f****r but switched on at setting businesses up and getting the work inn. But he just gone bump again for third or fourth time, he's in the building trade. But they have a big house , lavish lifestyle,  expensive cars on drip, eat out in expensive restaurants every week. But do all that before paying the bills. And he is lazy and doesn't make it in the office most days and just leaves the staff to run it into the ground, we're as I'm first inn last out in mine. I've always said if he won the lottery he,d be skint in a few years. Just his lifestyle of loans and everything on the drip. Got a great big house and is now on leccy cards meter ect coz he never paid the bill. Some people just never learn. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

I think some people are just so bad managing money. I have a step brother, lazy f****r but switched on at setting businesses up and getting the work inn. But he just gone bump again for third or fourth time, he's in the building trade. But they have a big house , lavish lifestyle,  expensive cars on drip, eat out in expensive restaurants every week. But do all that before paying the bills. And he is lazy and doesn't make it in the office most days and just leaves the staff to run it into the ground, we're as I'm first inn last out in mine. I've always said if he won the lottery he,d be skint in a few years. Just his lifestyle of loans and everything on the drip. Got a great big house and is now on leccy cards meter ect coz he never paid the bill. Some people just never learn. 

Lots of them type about ( plastic millionaires my accountant words?) give it large but really don’t own much the bank does. I’ve a mate that’s similar up to 3 mill in debt , the way he talks is embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. I said to him once but you got nothing bill, your bank owns the lot. Yes if he can service  the debt he will be laughing later on but it’s a risk too far for me.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Luckily i have trust worthy staff to pick up the work load mate .if i want to work i will .if not im out hunting something.

The early years were hard graft both physically and mentally but its paid off now .

Ive never lived beyond our means .Dont even have a credit card .

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Luckily i have trust worthy staff to pick up the work load mate .if i want to work i will .if not im out hunting something.

The early years were hard graft both physically and mentally but its paid off now .

Ive never lived beyond our means .Dont even have a credit card .

I’m at that stage if I don’t like the job I won’t do it, years ago would take on all the shit ones. I’ve got no debts of any great worry’s, house paid off and this place will be my pension money when I downsize. Gradually selling motors off here to reduce the amount of stuff I’ve got( big sale)?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Lots of them type about ( plastic millionaires my accountant words?) give it large but really don’t own much the bank does. I’ve a mate that’s similar up to 3 mill in debt , the way he talks is embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. I said to him once but you got nothing bill, your bank owns the lot. Yes if he can service  the debt he will be laughing later on but it’s a risk too far for me.

Theres a lad in our village that calls himself a builder but is basically a project manager using all the dregs of the trades because they are cheap and usually available .He likes to boast about money ,about the work he has coming in but half the time i know hes full of it because we have had the go ahead for work he thinks is his ,lol.

Hes tried taking my staff with cash bribes and did once lure two brickies off a job .They were slow as feck so no probs but now they are scratching about doing cash jobs ,patio repairs etc .

He drives a new range rover on tic ,lives in a large house that was his wifes dads and the kids go to private school.

My wife is friends with her sister and as women cant help but talk hes in debt up to his eyeballs on cards and worse a loan shark from Trowbridge .

Its all going to end badly id say .

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Theres a lad in our village that calls himself a builder but is basically a project manager using all the dregs of the trades because they are cheap and usually available .He likes to boast about money ,about the work he has coming in but half the time i know hes full of it because we have had the go ahead for work he thinks is his ,lol.

Hes tried taking my staff with cash bribes and did once lure two brickies off a job .They were slow as feck so no probs but now they are scratching about doing cash jobs ,patio repairs etc .

He drives a new range rover on tic ,lives in a large house that was his wifes dads and the kids go to private school.

My wife is friends with her sister and as women cant help but talk hes in debt up to his eyeballs on cards and worse a loan shark from Trowbridge .

Its all going to end badly id say .

They can’t help themselves mate, I like to see my mrs and kids in a nice safe reliable car don’t get me wrong, and change it every 2 yrs she’s got another one coming weds, but she could nt give a f**k what she drives, not a issue atall, I’m the same I will often take my tipper out instead of cars feels better??

In 1980 had my own groundwork's business I was doing really well when it all went tits up will a recession thanks to Thatcher. Well the company I had a contract with wanted to cut my prices by 20% as thing were already getting tough I was paying my lads the same as I was getting myself. I told them you not cutting my prices they said what you going to do about it? Watch this I said wrote cheques out for the lads put machines off hire loaded the tools and f****d off. Had no job but f**k them I was not working for f**k all, tax man wanted his share as I had a good years before. I was in the shit in a recession but I knew I would get by some how. Did some dip shit jobs to get by shot foxes for pelts rabbits for food and sell, poached a few Salmond took swedes and turnip tops home when out. Worked in the day shot and skinned at night, ferreting weekends.

I got by times were real hard should have gone bust but I didn't borrowed to pay the tax man but in the end it turned out okay. Still had the house the wife and kids.

We will all get through this we might have to cut our cloth and be resourceful.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
11 hours ago, steve66 said:

Can say the same thing at our warehouse, no overtime , cancelling agency workers , internet pickers have dropped on to one shift . Never known it , makes me scarred to think what next year will bring 

Strangely enough Tats my mrs also works in care  

The rumours have started already at our place with two of the directors allegedly trying to sell their shares in the company thinking it might go tits up i am not too worried tbh mate as i have been inundated with job offers even though they have been agency's since putting my CV on one of the job sites seems there is still plenty of warehouse work in South Yorkshire.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arry said:

In 1980 had my own groundwork's business I was doing really well when it all went tits up will a recession thanks to Thatcher. Well the company I had a contract with wanted to cut my prices by 20% as thing were already getting tough I was paying my lads the same as I was getting myself. I told them you not cutting my prices they said what you going to do about it? Watch this I said wrote cheques out for the lads put machines off hire loaded the tools and f****d off. Had no job but f**k them I was not working for f**k all, tax man wanted his share as I had a good years before. I was in the shit in a recession but I knew I would get by some how. Did some dip shit jobs to get by shot foxes for pelts rabbits for food and sell, poached a few Salmond took swedes and turnip tops home when out. Worked in the day shot and skinned at night, ferreting weekends.

I got by times were real hard should have gone bust but I didn't borrowed to pay the tax man but in the end it turned out okay. Still had the house the wife and kids.

We will all get through this we might have to cut our cloth and be resourceful.

Cheers Arry 

Fair play to you mate, I also remember that early late 80s/early 90s time and it was bad for lads.

But, here is the point as I see it, why should blokes like you and everyone else working very hard to stand still have to keep picking up the tab while these pricks in Westminster and their investment bank masters walk away Scott free ?

Its time people said “f**k them” 

• Like 2