Antis ain't that bright up to 40,000 mink

Just popped up on my feed . Animal liberation front went and release a couple thousand farm mink out IN WINTER  into the "wild". 

Screenshot_20221116-095806.png.3c05658c4822c72beef33bb2c27ef451.png

You know I can understand peoel not liking fur farming and eating he critters to have a better life, I can genuinely understand that, call me a softy I know. But to have the absolute and total ignorance of the kind of impact you can have from releasing not 100's but THOUSANDS of mink into an local ecosystem is beyond....like my head legitimately hurts.  Like it never cease to amaze me how little those peoel understand about the BASICS of wild life and animals.

The main thing I wanna ask them is if they understand that just because wild mink do well that mink that have been raises for generations in a farming environment probably lack any natural instincts to feed or shelter themselves. Because if they understand that they should realize that their killing all these animals and like .....what's the point ? Even if say 20% survive and thrive , I'm curious if they have any f***ing cule what the introduction of that many apex ( in their own right) preators will do to the local ecosystem as a whole ??? FFS

This actually happed back in like 2017 I think and the mink where so , well stupid basically, that they where scooping them up off of local roads in heaps like this for like two weeks I think . Actual picture form that one.

Screenshot_20221116-100008-223.png.30629bbcd4d6cabd59d1edeba8f0a423.png

Never see these Jackasses do anything legitimately helpful for the animals they say the love so damn much. It's either bullshit like this or a bunch of money changing hands,where most of it goes to crooked asses and pockets in the end .

Jesus if feel sorry for all them lil critters... Not to mention not many animals with touch a mink carcass ( same with otter nothing likes eating them ) so all around just seems like it's gonna be a massive wast a life.

Hopefully their some guys around there who might be able to harvest some glands out of them or something ,kids get some new pets or their able to wrangle most of them back

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Still a few around here but seem to have settled in and found there own population level. saying that i would still kill on sight the same as squirrels ? 

Otters have pretty much wiped them out round here and water voles everywhere, nature is back in sync ?

• Like 5

I remember as a kid the lady across the road lived in a caravan by the stream. She used to keep pigeons and chickens. I used to trap plenty but it was only matter of time before you would see her in tears in the morning after a mink had hit the place. They seemed very territorial and one mink seemed to patrol up and down a few miles of the stream. So when you saw tracks you new was only matter of time before it passed again. I can't imagine 25000 + plus swarming over the country

We had a mink farm by us in the 90s activist let the lot go completely decimated the wild life in our area it never has recovered to what it once was there’s still a few mink kicking about but no we’re near as many as there was. These activists are thick as pig shit they don’t think of the consequences

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Silly fuckers did the same in Dorset in the late 90s I think it was, similar results lots of dead mink

Same thing happened in Northumberland around that time, I don't know how many were released, but I saw a mink near to this place on the river a few year back

• Like 1