Pocket Rocket Pixie

Had one lasted 17 years the smelly old fcuker, Great ferreting dog and a nose like no other dog i have ever owned, heart of a lion an attitude to match when she encountered bigger things. Had her limitations but Horses for courses as they say.  Looks a nice dog, Credit to you mate. 

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

Had one lasted 17 years the smelly old fcuker, Great ferreting dog and a nose like no other dog i have ever owned, heart of a lion an attitude to match when she encountered bigger things. Had her limitations but Horses for courses as they say.  Looks a nice dog, Credit to you mate. 

Thank you mate. She’s the Swiss Army Knife of dogs. 

Yes, lovely wee tyke...?

Actually,.. a few decades ago,.. there was a real spate of Wherriers in my area.. 

Like so many hybridisations, it all started from an unplanned mating,...but luckily,.. enough local lads fancied giving the resulting litter a brave go, to make the mistake worth while.? I had a real corker given to me, and enjoyed working her on the rubbish tips and factory yards,.. but after a while I gave her to my Sister to keep on her smallholding, in Wales.

Facts were,. .back in the day,.. there was no real need to keep a dog that could not handle the business that we were all addicted to..

Although there was no permission ever granted,...we all hunted everything that fell under the lamp, and went anywhere we wanted to....

I never had any preference in my choice of lurcher, I just took on whatever was available....

The Law back then was strict, but the chances of getting a pull were not as much,...although I did manage half a dozen Court Appearances?

But, game was readily available and only bad luck ever got in the way, of nightly success...

However,.. here in the 21st Century,.. times they are 'a changing...?

Personally,..(.although I know its a great idea) I could never settle with a little terrier based dog,...I can only live with a running dog, albeit in my own case, a mongrelly cur-like mutt...BUT,...the reality of the situation is, that the day of the big strong, coursing type animal is all but over, or at best,.. severely limited...so, I can see a lot of lads going over to these purpose-bred, diminutive hunting dogs..

I envy them, the fantastic hunts that they are destined to have...?

• Like 9