Feeding ferrets

7 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Why just put a rabbit in with them there no flys about now ? and I do check my ferrets every day is there something wrong with that or iam I missing something ? Mickey your not the only one that has had ferrets for 50 years or so il do watt I do you do watt you do it's worked for me and all the lads I hunt with all my ferrets our in perfect condition good hunting lads 

Them ferrets don't look like there in Bad condition do  they and they work all day 

20220108_114254.jpg

20210925_130756.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they should have access to fresh food every single day mate,you shouldn't make them wait 2 days...tell your pal to buck his ideas up??

and folks wonder why their ferrets kill in and their digging all the time??

Ferrets have a tiny digestive tract meaning the food they eat passes through very quickly. A ferret will eat up to 6 separate times over 24 hours so need a constant supply of fresh food. Go and take t

Posted Images

Why just put a rabbit in with them there no flys about now ? and I do check my ferrets every day is there something wrong with that or iam I missing something ? Mickey your not the only one that has had ferrets for 50 years or so il do watt I do you do watt you do it's worked for me and all the lads I hunt with all my ferrets our in perfect condition good hunting lads 

We all do it our own  way  and  i dont think   your way is the right way in fact i have never heard of anyone  else  doing it like that , 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, micky said:

We all do it our own  way  and  i dont think   your way is the right way in fact i have never heard of anyone  else  doing it like that , 

Well it's winter ever one I know put a whole rabbit in the box with them now can you tell me watts wrong with that the ferrets eat when they want why put bits of food in with them every day ? well its definitely works in winter time maybe not as much in summer time I know that here some pictures off ferrets that get fed once a week now when I say once a week u may be picking me up wrong here there's food in with them the whole week because the rabbits isn't took out on till its completed finish then another freshly one put in all fed once a week so it working over here very well as I said before each to there own 

20220904_201843.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0014.jpg

20211205_130129.jpg

IMG-20211113-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0031.jpg

20210102_142743.jpg

• Like 3

Well it's winter ever one I know put a whole rabbit in the box with them now can you tell me watts wrong with that the ferrets eat when they want why put bits of food in with them every day ? well its definitely works in winter time maybe not as much in summer time I know that here some pictures off ferrets that get fed once a week now when I say once a week u may be picking me up wrong here there's food in with them the whole week because the rabbits isn't took out on till its completed finish then another freshly one put in all fed once a week so it working over here very well as I said before each to there own 

20220904_201843.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0014.jpg

20211205_130129.jpg

IMG-20211113-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0031.jpg

20210102_142743.jpg

U learn something different ever day 

20200209_144533.jpg

20200209_144408.jpg

1 hour ago, micky said:

That’s the way everybody I know feeds their ferrets. Chuck in a rabbit, hare, squirrels, pigeons whatever and replace it with fresh when the carcass is licked clean. 

• Like 3
On 14/11/2022 at 07:04, socks said:

Ferrets have a tiny digestive tract meaning the food they eat passes through very quickly. A ferret will eat up to 6 separate times over 24 hours so need a constant supply of fresh food. Go and take the ferrets off your friend and give him a slap. 

Have you changed your mind  then  ?

Iam not speaking for socks here But he hasn't changed he's mind read the txt the food is there mate all the time ? ? 

I read it as you put ONE Rabbit in a week , i was wrong !  i done exactly the same  back in the day , my mistake ?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Them ferrets don't look like there in Bad condition do  they and they work all day 

20220108_114254.jpg

20210925_130756.jpg

Nice hob ferretman, your ferrets look good doing what you do. Over here even in Winter the meat goes off quick, Summer a couple of hours so we have to feed small amounts more often. Different to dogs, my old pit/bullmastiff would eat rotten roadkill near my house, he never got sick and lived until 18 as in this pic. The worst feed he had was when my American Bulldog ate a rotten roo Bubba here dragged home, he spewed his guts up and Bubba wolfed down the vomit, lol.

IMG_0717.JPG

• Like 1

I did a frowned upon thing and put Bubba over his full pit mother,because he was such a healthy dog. All the pups were perfect except one had a short neck but healthy. I was talking to an old mate I hadn't seen for ten years that took one of the pups just a couple of days ago, his dog is nearly 16 and in perfect health and also has a taste for rotten roadkill, lol.

• Like 1

I feed mine kangaroo meat venison tin kitten food with minced up chicken frames they get the kitten food once a week mixed in with other meat for the vitamins, the kitten food I buy is all meat not the one with vegetables. I also get a small supply of two weak old roosters which they get whole. The one thing is when you feed them rabbits do you leave the skin on or skin them. I know everyone has their own thoughts on it. I have found that the skinned ones seem to get eaten quicker than if they have their skin on.  The other one is when I give them eggs what is better as a raw egg has a lot less protein or a boiled egg which I have been led to believe it’s two much protein. 

46 minutes ago, Guss33 said:

The other one is when I give them eggs what is better as a raw egg has a lot less protein or a boiled egg which I have been led to believe it’s two much protein. 

Don't think they can have too much protein, as far as I know cooked or raw is the same. I mix the raw yolks with some meat twice a week.

• Like 1
On 15/11/2022 at 14:11, Ferretman65 said:

20220904_201843.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0014.jpg

20211205_130129.jpg

IMG-20211113-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0031.jpg

20210102_142743.jpg

People have gone soft. My great grandfather & grandfather used to throw all kinds of quarry it with the ferrets. The ferrets beds weren't made from fully hay an straw. More so birds feathers natural to what they would do in the wild. The beds used to look comfortable with the feathers. They'd get stuck into the quarry eat off it. A can remember them eating all the rabbit an some using the jackets to bed down in clever fuckers. The games gone soft. 

• Like 1