deerhound xbedy grey lurchers

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

after a big hairy type over 25" that likes the sharp end to go over my Wheaton bull bitch...keep the size but lighten them up a bit?

DSC_0937.JPG.3ca0524f0965c0e9d7652af0f2c3c560.JPG

sound good x that x   , should be good for the teeth job like you say, still knock 25 in though,  the beddy  drop the weight a bit, but with deerhound in there and your bitch , still go 25 easy. i always liked  collie x grey x beddy x grey , that throw  good rabbit dog and maybe teeth job , but  that bit of wheaten or pit , be the better x , wonder what a collie x grey x wheaten x grey be like,  dont see them bred much that way .?

Seen a few back in the day good alround lurchers when beddy and deerhound crosses were more popular the beddy brought the size down and those i saw were better stamina and recovery after a run than the lurchers just with deerhound and greyhound in the mix another reason i have always said that lurcher to lurcher is the best way to go when breeding versatile types for edible quarry imho.

• Like 3
On 14/11/2022 at 09:34, tatsblisters said:

Seen a few back in the day good alround lurchers when beddy and deerhound crosses were more popular the beddy brought the size down and those i saw were better stamina and recovery after a run than the lurchers just with deerhound and greyhound in the mix another reason i have always said that lurcher to lurcher is the best way to go when breeding versatile types for edible quarry imho.

Ran several lovely examples, in the 70's and 80's,.....super fast jukels on the Roe,...they didn't miss very many....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Get a nasty lamping thing over her Daniel , never mind f***ing about with deerhound shite ??. Big nasty 26 inch jank bred of coursing and bull would do her nicely imho 

I don't do sand slug or collie in a dog mate...I want something to keep the coat...I've a choice of proven horrible lamping half bull grey  types but want something with a coat and height....there's still some decent broken coated types about that had a decent injection of good bull blood...that's the route I will be going and the lads that will be having pups if it materialises ?

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I don't do sand slug or collie in a dog mate...I want something to keep the coat...I've a choice of proven horrible lamping half bull grey  types but want something with a coat and height....there's still some decent broken coated types about that had a decent injection of good bull blood...that's the route I will be going and the lads that will be having pups if it materialises ?

Know of a decent deer/bull/grey doing everything. But smooth coat so probably not much good to you ??