Golden eagle flying around Sunderland.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it hasn't meandered its way down from Scotland; Cheers.

Anybody who likes large raptors ought to consider going to the Puy du Fou in France. They have a bird display that you cannot believe. At the finally there must be 50 or more vultures, eagles, hawks,

There's actually a snowy owl living in sunderland flying wild, been there over a year, still there, photographed last week by a bloke. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Lovely pics and a magnificent bird ! Until you have actually held one on your gloved fist you can't appreciated the sheer size and power of them. 

I stumbled across one in leanachen forest in the highlands, I was almost on top of it while it was feeding. Initially it made me jump until I realised what it was.

The wingspan was amazing and noise of the lift. I just stood there in awe 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ollieollie said:

I stumbled across one in leanachen forest in the highlands, I was almost on top of it while it was feeding. Initially it made me jump until I realised what it was.

The wingspan was amazing and noise of the lift. I just stood there in awe 

I bet was a lovely site, I was into falconry as a teenager and a fella I know had one and it was a powerhouse sat on your fist. The sheer size of the talons and the power , as you say I was in awe 

• Like 1

Anybody who likes large raptors ought to consider going to the Puy du Fou in France. They have a bird display that you cannot believe. At the finally there must be 50 or more vultures, eagles, hawks, owls and large non raptors all flying inches sbove your head. They release a peregrine from a tethered baloon and lure it in the auditorium. It stoops so fast that you can hardly follow it. 

2100876456_Falconerluringbirdofprey.jpg.78a30d2ef9d51af5182c8eb4b8034ee2.jpg

1187259169_WhiteRaptor.jpg.5ef20e6191c5179d05d6d0c49bc21d00.jpg

Eagle.jpg.50e0764e550e331a810f5f586e64d7da.jpg

100663107_PuyduFouLotsofBirds.jpg.844e2b5870e3457de6d5f66d7ac7a4f7.jpg

There are other attraction too, about three days worth.

1325527810_TigeratRomangames.jpg.2363998c862518979d58858ac478a3be.jpg

1729764452_ChariotRace.jpg.f7e8ca9b89d34b34ab3779f84cda5e43.jpg

Got to be the best value for money theme park ever. Got to book at this time of year to be sure of a ticket though.

WWW.PUYDUFOU.COM

Elu meilleur parc d'attraction du monde, le Puy du Fou offre une multitude de spectacles grandioses et d’aventures pour toute la famille. Plus qu’un simple parc...

• Like 7

In Scotland stalking few years back and had previous day shot a stag .Next  morning in the half light we took same route to the hill and came across not one but two eagles on the gralloch .

Amazing sight I’ll never forget .They took off unhurried into the oncoming dawn .

• Like 3