• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

S                      

One of Britain's leading big cat experts,written books on them and lectures on them, sees them often including females with cubs actually saw this cunningly disguised spacecraft that looks like a camp

But that country also has a massive population of those predators …….

Posted Images

Years ago it  was totally legal to own big cats and all kinds of exotic animals and I'm sure they would have been escapes and once dwa licence came into force they would have been releases into uk countryside, 

I don't think they lion size cats running about but something size of a lynx could easily stay away from people ,

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, levigsp said:

It has some, where as here we have none.

What happend to all the private collections people had before dwa licence came into force ? I don't believe for one moment all the people who had them shipped them off to zoos etc and I don't believe they wasn't escapes that they said nothing about as let's face it some of the top zoos and parks still have escapes today .

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Years ago it  was totally legal to own big cats and all kinds of exotic animals and I'm sure they would have been escapes and once dwa licence came into force they would have been releases into uk countryside, 

I don't think they lion size cats running about but something size of a lynx could easily stay away from people ,

yes, I had one and what people seem to forget there was an amnesty and it was simple to dispose of them.                                                     My Post was put up to show how easy it is to photo lynx etc in remote areas never mind built up areas like the UK, but hey ho if people believe in fairy stories so be it.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

What happend to all the private collections people had before dwa licence came into force ? I don't believe for one moment all the people who had them shipped them off to zoos etc and I don't believe they wasn't escapes that they said nothing about as let's face it some of the top zoos and parks still have escapes today .

Yes there were escapees and if you look the records, you will see how many were killed in a short spell after escaping.

• Like 1

Even though to degree I agree with what your saying levi I've had good accounts by genuine lads where they had seen cats with there own eyes 1 lad treed 1 many years ago with his foot pack of hounds but unfortunately this was before a time when there was the camera phone to hand and another not far from the same area saw 1 whilst out with his lamp and gun said it sent shivers down his spine as he said it was as if it was stalking them he never stated what cat it was but all he said was it was deffo in his words "A big f**k off cat" like I said this was a while back now maybe these cats are dead I don't know but I'm sure we,ve all heard stories 

16 minutes ago, levigsp said:

yes, I had one and what people seem to forget there was an amnesty and it was simple to dispose of them.                                                     My Post was put up to show how easy it is to photo lynx etc in remote areas never mind built up areas like the UK, but hey ho if people believe in fairy stories so be it.

I don't believe they big cats running about uk today but I do believe they was escapes "release "back when any one could keep them that went unreported , like you say the UK is to built up not to get decent photos ,

• Like 4
  • levigsp changed the title to R