Happy we farm beef

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty fun ... Until you have to go up a tree or the one you where about to knife truns around on you while you holding it's back legs up ? that and have a 100lbs cane Corso catch dog dragging yo

This lad here was a pretty scary beast !  

All that video needs is the "Ride Of The Valkerie's " soundtrack ! ?? Cheers.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

I hear you mate, just having a bit of a mess about.

Most people don’t realise just how powerful a pig is, they are probably the most powerful animal relevant to size around.

My pigs moved pens that cows couldn’t and moved them like they were nothing !……and those hooks would open a man up like he’d been through a blender. 
Forget sheep wire, a pig will push through wire like is paper.

Still like to set a couple of big horrible dogs on one to see how it went down ! Lol 

You right about them being strong! Got a buddy in Louisiana who's snares them and this is what the sets end up looking like after a catch. And keep in mind these arnt big ones either . Most he's catching are in the 50-100lbs range . O and this was a normal looking deer trail and trees before the catch . All of this was the hog fighting 

19367CC4-66FC-43B5-9A3A-E6688A96EA6D.jpeg

3C2403FC-C459-4609-8FEF-B0E42A512FF7.jpeg

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

You right about them being strong! Got a buddy in Louisiana who's snares them and this is what the sets end up looking like after a catch. And keep in mind these arnt big ones either . Most he's catching are in the 50-100lbs range . O and this was a normal looking deer trail and trees before the catch . All of this was the hog fighting 

19367CC4-66FC-43B5-9A3A-E6688A96EA6D.jpeg

3C2403FC-C459-4609-8FEF-B0E42A512FF7.jpeg

What sort of wire is he using to hold a pig ?…..have to be proper steel cable that. 

46 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s amazing, I’m all over that ! 

I saw a video about a month ago, can't remember where I saw it, some guys thermal hunting pigs, videoing it, pigs and rounds flying everywhere, one of the guys was shot, he shouts out that he is hit the guy who did it asked was he OK, shot through the back, survived.i will have to look for it. 

A lad I knows squad opened up on a pig in a clearing in Belize with 7.62 SLRs and a GPMG for a bit of craic…..he said there was just little bits of pig all over the show, turned out it belonged to a local and was all his worldly wealth…..caused a lot of shit ! Lol ? 

12 minutes ago, WILF said:

A lad I knows squad opened up on a pig in a clearing in Belize with 7.62 SLRs and a GPMG for a bit of craic…..he said there was just little bits of pig all over the show, turned out it belonged to a local and was all his worldly wealth…..caused a lot of shit ! Lol ? 

I remember the odd sheep being taken out with a Bren on the old ranges at Ponteland ! ??

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, sparky the hunter said:

those ranges are still there in Ponteland. Dont think all the money people who live there like it though. Its run by the MOD so there is not a lot they can do. How are things over in NZits a place im very envious of.

I'm not in NZ mate, I've spent a fair bit of time there and have family there.

I actually live about ten minutes drive from Ponteland. I thought one of the ranges was decommissioned and the other is pretty  restricted by the MOD, although I think the rifle club still use it.

Last time I shot on there would be late 60's, early 70's, but I still run a few hares around there ?

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, sparky the hunter said:

Great country for Hares around there, i will be at Steve smiths tomorrow as my pal is on leave from the marines and he likes a bit of a clay shoot.

It's a bit hot around the airport, but from Ponteland up to Scots Gap is ok, and plenty hares.

Last time I was clay shooting was across the river at Slayley Quarry , I can hear them every Sunday morning,and if the winds coming from the west, I can hear the Brae's O' Derwent hounds at Whittingstall.

Used to train the Terrier pups in the false setts at Bolam lake many years ago.

Cheers.

• Like 1

mid 1980`s Sennelager range in west Germany Had a large population of wild pigs. I remember one time feeding about a dozen sows and probably 50 or so piglets with frikadelle's, This was in a cutting in a wooded  area that the tanks use to pass through, Now if you have ever been near this many sows and piglets you will know how much noise they make, Above all this noise i heard what sounded like a bulldozer coming up the wooded embankment on the left hand side, It was the the biggest Boar i have ever seen, i said to the bloke with me. get ready to run, This thing came down the embankment like a train, right through the sows and piglets, Luckily we had managed to scale a tree. Scary fuckers that's for sure.

4 hours ago, mushroom said:

Yep I’ve had smallish pigs run past me and sound like a galloping horse. Some power in a pig.

I managed to miss one the other evening while driving the wife’s car , biggest wild boar I’ve ever seen , it wouldn’t have wanted to hit it in my landcruiser , let alone her little car ..there’s a tidy few of them about now .