Laying hen crosses

A mate of mine has Cornish Cobs for meat and they can get big real big. He recons he has had them to 17lb I had one of him for Christmas off him that was 11lb and nice it was to. He told me they will eat and eat and grow very fast and can get so big they go off their feet. Any way was was looking on line for info about them for you and found this.

If it was me I would have Rhode Islands good all rounder as Jok says I used to keep them.

WWW.THEHAPPYCHICKENCOOP.COM

What is a Cornish Cross and is it really a breed? Are they good for a small farm or your backyard coop? Do they require special care?

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

You want something with a big chest to put breast meat on your egg layers otherwise your be living on stir fries ?

if you use a dark cockerel I wonder if you would get sex linked chicks ? 

I don't know, the hens are white with black flecks. They are a white leghorn over a RIR. They are good hens and have moved a long way from a tropical coastal area back to the cold mountains and never stopped laying, even on the trip down, lol.