The Price of Cooking Oil

Accompanied the Mrs today to a local supermarket, Well i only went because they were doing 2 crates of beer for £20 if i am being honest.

Anyway walking round and i happened to look at the big bottles of vegetable oil,  £10.99 i kid you the f**k not.  The deep fat fryer is on marketplace as we speak. This situation with food basics price increases is getting out of hand now. 

3 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

I used to pay around 40p a LTR used to run my landrover on it 

A mate of mine use to run his transit on the old chip fat oil from the local pubs, if you followed him down the road you could smell chips ??

From what I can remember when the big craze of running old landys transits and pugs etc on veg oil started people were loading trolleys up with it , And of course when that happens they get wise and put the price of it up to the point or wasn’t really worth it .  But I’ve not looked at price of the stuff in ages will have to try an remember when I next go in supermarket . 

1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

$7.89 a gallon for vegetable oil here.

Thinking about tying to switch to using lard however, supposed to be better for your body and all that

Yeh you guys call it canola oil...rape seed oil here....

it has something in it called uric acid...that's bad for you....better off with animal fats...or olive oil..

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

Yeh you guys call it canola oil...rape seed oil here....

it has something in it called uric acid...that's bad for you....better off with animal fats...or olive oil..

Well we have a few kinds at the store.

Veggie, peanut, canola and one other I can't think of to save my life , also coconut oil

2 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

$7.89 a gallon for vegetable oil here.

Thinking about tying to switch to using lard however, supposed to be better for your body and all that

Olive oil for cooking or rape seed oil for frying……that other shit will kill you !

9 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

What skin complaints and how do you make the cream and is it very good ? Thanks in advance 

Things like eczema etc, my grandson has dry skin that splits and bleeds if left it works on that well I make it with the same recipe as the dandelion salve and replace half the beeswax with coconut fat 

46B68A35-D208-48E3-9A37-AB76BF169EC0.jpeg

• Thanks 1